18 hrs ago
2 days ago
Online Registration Instructions
To register online you will need to:
- Be a student in good academic standing at Kettering College.
- Check the course schedule and your e-mail for reserved classes.
- Returning students – Make sure your student account balance is less than $100.00.
- All payments must be made at least 48 hours prior to online registration to ensure clearance status will be updated in the online registration system.
- Clear any alerts/holds by contacting the appropriate office.
- Register on the appropriate dates.
- Online registration will be turned off on the last day of the current term.
- Returning students who register during late registration will have to pay a $100 late registration fee and will be required to complete a paper registration form with appropriate signatures.
By participating in the online registration process, you are not required to complete a registration form.
*NOTE: Students are encouraged to register on their scheduled dates as space availability during late registration depends on set course limits.
The Registration Process
Once you’ve logged into the student portal
If you see a message that says “There is a problem with the website’s security certificate” or “Website Certified by an Unknown Authority”, that’s OK.
– Choose an option to continue. This may read as “Accept this certificate temporarily for this session”, or “Continue to this website (not recommended)” You may also see a message such as “The current Web page is trying to open a site in your trusted sites list”. Click “yes” to allow this.
– You are now in the Student Portal.
Username: Capitalize the first initial of your first name, middle initial of your middle name, and first letter of your full last name. For example, Mickey B. Mouse’s username is MBMouse. In certain instances, your username may already be taken i.e. Minnie B. Mouse. In this case, either add a numeral to the end (MBMouse1, MBMouse2, etc.) or contact the IT Help Desk for your username.
Password: capitalize the first initial of your first name, middle initial of your middle name, and first letter of your full last name + last 4 digits of your SSN (e.g.MBMouse1234)
Choose the term you are registering for (FA-14)
Once you’ve logged in, look at the menu bar on the left. Look for Registration, then Unofficial Registration.
On this screen, you can update your personal information
- Step 1 allows you to set a filter to look for classes at particular days and times.
- Step 2 allows you to choose a particular campus. Leave all of these checked.
- Step 3 allows you to view class summaries only or to see what courses you’ve already completed.
- Click “Submit” when you’ve made your choices.
A list of all courses offered for your chosen semester appears. This list can be confusing. Here’s an example of one course:
HUMAN ANATOMY AND PHYSIOLOGY I
Instructor Campus Room Days Time DegAudit
RULE, TOM MAIN MAI-G-31 MWF 02:30 PM – 03:50 PM
On the left you see a checkbox with some text:
- Anything in red text with the words “DegAudit” means you will NOT be able to register for that course. Most of the time, it’s because that course is not in your major.
- Anything in red text with the words “PreReq” means you are missing a required prerequisite for that course.
- Any course with a checkbox with the word “Credit” next to it (like the example below) means that you will be able to register for that course.
If you register for a course which has been listed as a reserved section on the web course schedule, and you are not in the assigned reserved group, you will be automatically withdrawn from that course.
BIOL263 LEC 01 SECTIONAL ANATOMY
Instructor Campus Room Days Time
Credit Randi Quale MAIN MAI-G-18 TR 09:00 AM – 11:20 AM
Once you have chosen your courses, go to the top of the page and click “Register Courses”. You’ll be asked if you really want to do this. If you do, click OK..
If your registration is successful, your current schedule will appear. Click the printer icon if you want a hard copy.
Feel free to explore the menu on the left hand side of the screen. Please call us with any questions you have concerning your records. You may change your password at any time.You may change your “local” address. Changes to financial and home addresses still need to be processed through the appropriate offices.
Do not change your e-mail address since that is the primary address Kettering College uses to distribute information to students.
ORDER YOUR TEXTBOOKS NOW!
If you have questions, please contact the Registrar Office at (937) 395-6615.
Registrar Office Hours:
Mon.-Thurs. 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Friday 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.