Transfer Credit Information
1 hr ago
21 hrs ago
Determining Transfer Course Equivalencies
For transfer credit to fulfill a specific Kettering College course requirement, the course for which transfer credit is desired must be closely equivalent in content and approximately equivalent in credit hours to the required course. If content equivalency is not met, the student may be required to take additional coursework to achieve close content equivalency.
The Transfer Evaluation Committee will evaluate and award as appropriate transfer credit for basic or general education courses at the undergraduate level as defined in the transfer credit policies.
Courses described as program of study or didactic courses may be evaluated by department chairs to determine content and credit equivalency. Department chairs will submit a written recommendation of transfer credit to the Records Office. To meet residency requirements, limits on transfer credit remain the same.
The Transfer Evaluation Committee will evaluate and award transfer credit as appropriate for basic or general education courses at the undergraduate level as defined in the transfer credit policies.
The Transfer Evaluation Committee will complete a review of course descriptions and, if needed, course syllabi to determine content equivalency. Student may be required to submit one or both if course is questionable.
The Transfer Evaluation Committee will complete a review of course descriptions, to determine credit hour equivalency.
In order for transfer credit to be considered for meeting the religion core requirement, religion courses must have been taken at faith-based institutions.
Kettering College’s programs of study require a c (2.0) or higher for all coursework. All courses with a grade of C (2.0) or higher, required for specified program of study, will be transferred.
A course is not transferrable if it is:
- Course work completed at transferring institution as developmental or non-college level courses are not transferrable.
- Completed with a C- (1.70) and Kettering College’s program of study do not accept grades below C (2.0).
- Completed with a D+ or lower.
- Designated as a remedial course, developmental course, or not intended for college credit.
- Full sequence required to meet content and credit equivalency is not completed.
- Coursework granted from a transferring institution based on institutional examinations, when the course is not assigned a final grade or given quality points.
- Audit: Transfer Credit is not awarded for course work audited at the transfer institution.
- Course work taken after the student has enrolled at Kettering College, which has not been pre-approved may not be transferrable to current program of study.