Convocation and Assembly
11 hrs ago
2 days ago
Convocations gather the entire campus community— students, faculty, staff, and administration —in the church across the street from the campus for a ceremony that includes academic pageantry. Attendance is mandatory for all students who are enrolled in 10 semester hours or more. Clinical schedules are adjusted so that everyone can attend. Convocations are scheduled from 9:30 a.m. to 10:20 a.m. Online students are invited, but not required to attend.
- Fall 2018 convocation will be held on August 31, 2018, from 9:30 a.m. to 10:20 a.m.
- Winter 2019 convocation will be held on Friday, Jan. 11, 2018 from 9:30 a.m. to 10:20 a.m.
NOTE: There is a $15.00 charge for not attending Convocation if you are required to attend. If you need to be exempt for special reasons, please see your program chair and fill out this exemption form
Assembly takes place 6 times during the year. The time is ALWAYS 9:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m., and takes place at the Kettering Adventist Church. Here are the dates for this school year!
October 5, 2018
November 2, 2018
December 30, 2018
February 1, 2019
March 1, 2019
April 5, 2019
Assembly exists to celebrate our school family and rally around our identity as a faith-based institution. It’s a time for playing, growing, worshipping, and learning, as a school desiring to experience the LIFE Jesus has in mind for us! Be sure to join us, and experience what Kettering is really about!
Note: Assembly occurs each month during the fall and winter semesters. Automatic exemptions are given to:
- Students that do not live in the residence hall are not required to attend if they DO NOT have classes on Fridays.
- Students who have clinical requirements on Fridays are not required to attend.
- Students enrolled in online programs (HESC and BSN-C) are invited but not required to attend.
Any additional requests for exemption must be made in writing to the respective program chairs. See program chairs for details. Students must submit their completed request forms for exemption preferably before but no later than one week after a scheduled campus assembly appointment