Occasionally, Kettering College needs to delay or close due to weather-related concerns or emergency situations. College administration will determine which closing option to use:
- Delayed opening (time will be specified)
- Evening classes canceled
Administrators will initiate the delay or closing as early in the day as possible, recognizing that many faculty and students leave their homes in the early morning hours for clinical appointments.
Communication of delays or closings will be distributed via the following methods:
- Kettering College e-mail accounts of all personnel and students
- Kettering College's Facebook page and Twitter account
- Dayton and Cincinnati area media outlets (listed here on this site)
- On the home page of the College Web site. A large red section will appear at the top of the home page screen, with detailed information about the school's current status. More detail is typically available on the web site than can be communicated by the local media, so it is recommended that you check it frequently.
- In the form of text messages via the EventLink system. You can sign up for EventLink by clicking here. If you encounter difficulty registering for the EventLink system, please contact public relations officer Jessica Beans. Please note: your phone must be set up to receive text messages in order for the EventLink system to contact you. Normal text messaging rates apply.
Local television and radio outlets
In the event of a delay, closing, or emergency, multiple television and radio stations in the Dayton and Cincinnati areas will be contacted with the appropriate information. A complete list of stations contacted is available by clicking here.
Kettering College cannot guarantee that stations will broadcast the delay/closing information, so it is recommended that you use one of the other methods mentioned above to stay informed about the school’s status.