39 mins ago
2 hrs ago
About the Library
What are the library's hours?
Fall and Winter Semesters
Monday-Thursday: 8 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Sunday: 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
Monday-Thursday: 8 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Monday-Thursday: 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m.-2:30 p.m.
The library is closed on legal holidays.
What do I need to borrow materials from the library?
Students: your Student ID card
Faculty and staff: your employee ID badge
How do I get a library card?
Your ID card is also your library card.
How do I get to library resources off campus?
Start at the library home page;
Go to the library resources you want to use and click the link;
A login screen will display.
Students: enter your Student Portal login and password;
Faculty and Staff: enter your network login and password.
I clicked a link and a Wright State University login screen displayed. What do I use for my ID#?
This login screen is for Wright State University faculty, staff, and students only.
How do I access my library account?
Start at the library home page.
Click the My Account link below the search box.
At the login screen enter your name and your Library ID#
What is my library ID#?
Students: last 5 digits of your student ID# + the last 4 digits of your SSN;
Faculty and staff: your network login without the k
Why can't I find the Kettering College Library catalog?
Kettering College does not have its own catalog. We share with Wright State University.
Can I check out journals?
Professional/scholarly journals do not circulate.
Magazines in the leisure magazine collect may be checked out for one week.
The library doesn’t have a book that I need. Can I get it someplace else?
- Search the OhioLINK catalog to see if a member library has it and request it.
- The book will arrive in 3-5 business days.
How do I request books, DVDs, etc. from another library?
- Click the Request button for the item;
- Select Wright State University as your institution;
- Select the affiliates option on the right.
- Enter your name and your ID#
- Students: the last 5 digits of your student ID+ the last 4 digits of your SSN;
- Faculty and staff: your network login without the k
- Select a Pickup Location and click Submit.
- Unless there is a problem, you will see which library has received the request.
- For additional information, click the Help tab on the Library home page then click How to Request Books to download a PowerPoint tutorial.
It asks me to select my institution but Kettering College is not listed. What do I do?
- Select Wright State University
How will I know when my request has arrived?
- If the library has an email address on file for you, you will receive an email when an item arrives.
- If you are registered with the Library Elf, you will receive a text message or an email notifying you that an item has arrived. Ask at the circulation desk for information about registering for Library Elf.
- You can also check your account which will show when items have arrived.
My request has arrived but can’t pick it up today. Will the library hold it for me?
- Items are held for one week.
Do I have to come to the library to renew materials I have checked out?
- No, you may also call the circulation desk at 937 395-8053 x2 or you may access your library account online and renew items there.
- Items cannot be renewed more than a week prior to the due date or if another patron has a hold on the item.
- Overdue items, reserve items and audiovisual materials cannot be renewed online.
- To access your online library account, go to the Books/Media tab on the library home page. Click the My Account link located below the search box.
- For your ID#:
- Students: last 5 digits of your student ID#+last 4 digits of SSN
- Faculty: last 5 digits of your employee ID#
How many times can I renew an item?
- You can renew an item up to 4 times as long as no one has put a hold on it.
Where do I return items that I have borrowed?
- During hours the library is open, place returns in the book drop at the far right of the circulation desk.
- When the library is closed, put returns in the book drop located to the right of the entrance.
Can I return items to another library?
- Yes, as long as it is an OhioLINK member library.
What is the fine for an overdue item?
- Books: $.10/day/book; $5.00 maximum per book
- Audiovisuals: $.20/day/item; $5.00 maximum per item
- Overnight Reserve Items: $1.00/day/item
- Replacement fine for lost item: cost of item plus $10.00 processing fee
Wright State and Lake Campus Libraries:
- Books: $.50/day beginning on the first day overdue
- Audiovisuals: $.50/day beginning on the first day overdue
- Fines and fees are replaced by a non-refundable billing fee of $50.00 on the 50th day overdue
- OhioLINK items: $.50/day/item
- Returning an item that has been billed and/or is more than 30 days overdue will incur a $50 fine
- Replacement fine for lost item: $125.00 per item
Who can I speak with about a fine?
Speak with the circulation supervisor.
How do I take care of paying a fine?
- Fines must be paid in the library.
- Fines may be paid either with cash or a check.
- Checks should be made out to Kettering College Library
My professor has items on reserve. Where can I find them?
- Reserve materials are kept behind the circulation desk.
- To use a reserve item, go to the circulation desk and speak with the staff member on duty.
- You will need your student ID to borrow a reserve item.
- Reserve items are grouped by the name of the instructor, so you will need to know the name of the instructor and also the title of the item.
How long can I have a reserve item?
- Most reserve items are checked out for 2 hours.
- Some are checked out for 24 hours.
- You will be told if an item can be checked out for 24 hours.
Can I take a reserve item home?
- Items with a 2 hour checkout period must be used in the library.
- Items with a 24 hour checkout period may be taken home overnight.
Can I reserve a reserve item?
No, reserve items are available on a first come first serve basis.
Are there study rooms available in the library?
Yes, there are 4 large study rooms that accommodate up to 6 people and 4 small study rooms that accommodate up to 2 people.
The study rooms are available on a first come first served basis.
Study rooms must be checked out at the circulation desk.
Study rooms may not be renewed.
Can I just go ahead and use a study room if it is empty?
No, you must checkout a study room at the circulation desk.
Individuals occupying a study room without checking it out will be asked to leave when the room is checked out.
How long can I have a study room?
You may have a study room for two hours.
Can I renew a study room?
No, you cannot renew a study room.
Can I reserve a study room for a specific date and time?
No, study rooms cannot be reserved. They are checked out on a first come basis.
Copying, Printing and Faxing
Are there photocopiers in the library?
Yes, the printers are also photocopiers. There is a printer/copier on each floor of the library.
How much does it cost to make a photocopy?
Photocopies are $0.05/page for black and white copies and $.25/page for color copies.
The cost of photocopies is charged to the student’s account.
Can I make color photocopies?
Yes, printer/copiers make color copies.
Can I print documents from the library computers?
If you are a currently registered student you are able to print from the library computers.
Do I have to pay to print from the computers?
Yes, you must pay to print.
The cost of printing is charged to your student account.
The charge for printing in black and white is $0.05/ page (front and back if desired)
The charge for color printing is $.25/page
How much does it cost to print a document?
$0.05 per page (front and back if desired) for black or gray scale printing
$0.25 per page for color printing
Printing is charged to your student account.
How do I pay for printing?
Printing is charged to your student account.
Where are the printers located?
There are three printers:
One on the first floor of the Learning Commons;One on the counter in the enclosure at the bottom of the stairs to the lower level of the Learning Commons; One in the computer lab
Where do I go to get the document I printed?
You can release documents you have sent to the printer at any campus printer by logging onto that printer. Your documents will be listed in your print queue. Select a document a click print or click print all.
There are three printers:
One in the computer room on the first floor of the Learning Commons;One on the counter in the enclosure at the bottom of the stairs to the lower level of the Learning Commons; One in the computer lab
Can I choose the printer to which I send a document?
No, but you are able to release your print job at any one of the available printers.
Can I print in color?
Yes, color printing is available. The charge for color printing is $0.25/page
Does the library provide faxing services?
No, the library does not but the Campus Corner does.
Please speak with a member of the Campus Corner staff for information about this service – and enter your student portal login and password.
Is there wireless access in the library?
Yes, the library has open wireless access, but it is not a public network, so you must configure your laptop.
How do I connect to the wireless network?
Open whatever application your device uses to manage wireless networking.
Create a new wireless connection. When asked for the SSID or Network ID enter KC Connect(case sensitive)
When asked to select an encryption or security method enter None.
If you need additional assistance please contact the IT Help Desk @ 937 317-0095 or speak someone at the IT Help Desk which is located in the southeast corner of the library.
I'm having problems connection to the wireless network. Where can I get help?
If you need assistance please contact the IT Help Desk @ 937 317-0095 or speak someone at the IT Help Desk which is located in the southeast corner of the library.