New Student Registration
Applicable to Arts & Sciences students and students new to a major
On-campus registration is required for all newly admitted students, except for bachelor-completion degrees (BSN and BS in Health Sciences.). Please see specified dates for registration.
PRIOR TO SCHEDULED REGISTRATION DATES:
Academic testing – The Math Placement Test is required prior to admission for prospective respiratory care, nuclear medicine and human biology students. Students doing the prerequisite year for diagnostic medical sonography may elect to take the Math Placement Test. A score of 70% meets the minimum requirement for placement into MATH 165. See the Math Placement Test page for more information and to schedule a testing date.
Financial aid application – Submit online financial aid applications and appropriate paperwork to the financial aid office. It is strongly recommended that students desiring financial aid complete the FAFSA prior to registration deadlines. For more information, contact the Student Finance Office.
NOTE: Financial aid takes time for processing; therefore students should not wait until registration deadlines to begin this process. Submitting financial aid applications close to registration dates does not allow time for the college to receive funding approval, which means a quarter-payment will be required before registration for classes will be processed.
Residence Hall – Students planning to live in the residence hall must submit a Residence Hall Application. See the Residence Hall section of this site for fees and application deadlines. For more information, contact email@example.com.
Academic department requirements for students newly admitted to a major – Follow additional registration instructions for specific majors (nursing, physician assistant, diagnostic medical sonography, BS in Health Sciences). Contact academic department directly for questions.
ON SCHEDULED REGISTRATION DATES:
- Information packet – Read and sign required forms -- Statement of Compliance, Student Health Policy, and Credit Account Agreement.
Advisor’s clearance – All new students, as well as students newly admitted to a major, are required to obtain an advisor’s signature.
- New Arts and Sciences students admitted to the college but not to a major are required to schedule an advising appointment. At this time, students will meet with a college representative/advisor, select desired courses, and secure the advisor’s signature during scheduled registration dates. If you cannot be on campus for any of these dates, please contact the Registar's Office to request alternate arrangements.
- Alternative method of registration: Occasionally, extenuating circumstances do not allow a student to be physically present for scheduled registration dates. In special cases alternative methods of registration may be necessary. Student Services personnel are not responsible for holding incomplete registration forms and may not reserve space in individual courses. It is the student’s responsibility to track and complete the registration process by completing financial clearance.
- Students whose majors are offered online need to contact department chair for registration instructions.
- Students newly admitted to a major may have additional requirements set by their academic department, which requires specific registration instructions, departmental testing, early advising sessions, registration processes and deadlines. It is the student’s responsibility to follow departmental instructions to meet registration eligibility.
Student finance office clearance - Complete the registration form, including the “method of payment” section.
- Financial accounts for current students, including current students newly admitted to a major, must be less than $100. Allow 48 hours for online payments to be processed.
- New students should bring financial aid award letter to registration. Those who have not received a financial aid award letter showing coverage of ALL tuition and fees will be required to make a down payment of $800 to obtain financial clearance.
- Financial aid takes time for processing; therefore students should not wait until registration deadlines to begin this process. Submitting financial aid applications close to registration dates does not allow time for the college to receive funding approval, which means a quarter-payment will be required before registration for classes will be processed.
- Complete registration form - On the appropriate registration dates, submit your completed registration form to the Registrar’s Office for computer entry and receive a printout of your course schedule and billing statement.
- ID card photos will be taken during orientation. It is the student’s responsibility to present the copy of course schedule to have your ID card picture taken. ID cards will be activated during orientation.