Online Registration Instructions
To register online for the summer 2014 term you will need to:
Be a student in good academic standing at Kettering College. With exception of those admitted to the BS in Health Sciences, students newly admitted to a major for summer 2014 are not eligible to register online.
- Newly admitted BS in Nursing completion students are NOT permitted to register online and should contact the Division of Nursing to obtain their registration instructions.
- Check the course schedule on this site and your e-mail for reserved classes.
An advisor must approve your schedule and enter clearance in the computer system.
- New and returning BS in Health Sciences students must work with their academic advisor for approval of course schedule. Students admitted to the BSHS also must make satisfactory arrangements to receive financial clearance (i.e. pay $100 acceptance deposit and make $800 down payment, or have sufficient financial aid to cover term tuition and fees). If you are applying for financial aid, please visit the Financial Aid page of this site.
- Returning students -- Make sure your student account balance is less than $100.00. All payments must be made at least 48 hours prior to online registration to ensure clearance status will be updated in the online registration system.
- Clear any alerts/holds by contacting the appropriate office.
- Register on the appropriate dates. Online registration will be turned off Thursday, April 24, at 4 p.m.
- Returning students who register during late registration will have to pay a $100 late registration fee and will be required to complete a paper registration form with appropriate signatures.
- By participating in the online registration process, you are not required to complete a registration form.
NOTE: Students are encouraged to register on their scheduled dates as space availability during late registration depends on set course limits.
Go to https://camsweb.kc.edu/estudent/login.asp
If you see a message that says “There is a problem with the website’s security certificate” or “Website certified by an unknown authority”, that’s OK.
Choose an option to continue. This may read as “Accept this certificate temporarily for this session,” or “Continue to this website (not recommended)”
You may also see a message such as “The current Web page is trying to open a site in your trusted sites list.” Click “yes” to allow this.
You are now in the Student Portal.
- Username: your first initial, middle initial, and last name, all in lowercase. For example, Mickey B. Mouse’s username is mbmouse. In certain instances, your username may already be taken i.e. Minnie B. Mouse. In this case, either add a numeral to the end (mbmouse1, mbmouse2, etc.) or contact the IT Help Desk for your username.
- Your password is the last five digits of your student ID + last four digits of your Social Security Number.
- Choose the term you are registering for (SU-14)
Once you’ve logged in, look at the menu bar on the left. Look for Registration, then Unofficial Registration.
On this screen, you can update your personal information
- Step 1 allows you to set a filter to look for classes at particular days and times.
- Step 2 allows you to choose a particular campus. Leave all of these checked.
- Step 3 allows you to view class summaries only or to see what courses you’ve already completed.
Click “Submit” when you’ve made your choices.
A list of all courses offered for your chosen semester appears. This list can be confusing! Here’s an example of one course:
HUMAN ANATOMY AND PHYSIOLOGY I
|DegAudit||RULE, TOM||MAIN||MAI-G-31||MWF||02:30 PM – 03:50 PM|
- Anything in red text with the words "DegAudit" means you will NOT be able to register for that course. Most of the time, it's because that course is not in your major.
- Anything in red text with the words “PreReq” means you are missing a required prerequisite for that course.
- Any course with a checkbox with the word "Credit" next to it (like the example below) means that you will be able to register for that course.
- If you register for a course which has been listed as a reserved section on the web course schedule, and you are not in the assigned reserved group, you will be automatically withdrawn from that course.
|BIOL263 LEC 01||SECTIONAL ANATOMY|
|Credit||QUALE, RANDI||MAIN||MAI-G-18||TR||09:00 AM – 11:20 AM|
Once you have chosen your courses, go to the top of the page and click “Register Courses”. You’ll be asked if you really want to do this. If you do, click OK.
If your registration is successful, your current schedule will appear. Click the printer icon if you want a hard copy.
Feel free to explore the menu on the lefthand side of the screen. Please call us with any questions you have concerning your records.
- You may change your password at any time.
- You may change your “local” address. Changes to financial and home addresses still need to be processed through the appropriate offices.
- Do not change your e-mail address since that is the primary address Kettering College uses to distribute information to students.