ADVANCED IMAGING TECHNOLOGIES: A GUIDE TO INFORMATION RESOURCES
KC/Wright State and Affiliates Catalog
Search for books, videos and other materials in the library collection.
Useful MeSH SUBJECT HEADINGS for this topic:
Anatomy cross sectional
Angiography digital subtraction
Echo planar imaging
Electron spin resonance spectroscopy
Image interpretation computer assisted
Image processing computer assisted
Image processing three dimensional
Imaging three dimensional
Magnetic resonance angiography
Magnetic resonance imaging
Magnetic resonance imaging cine
Magnetic resonance spectroscopy
Nuclear magnetic resonance bimolecular
Tomography emission computed
Tomography emission compute, single photon
Tomography x ray
Tomography x ray computed
Useful NLM CALL NUMBERS on this subject:
|WN 15||Radiology and imaging nomenclature, terminology|
|WN 17||Radiology and imaging atlases|
|WN 21||Radiology and imaging as a profession|
|WN 32||Law related to radiology and imaging|
|WN 180||Diagnostic imaging|
|WN 185||Magnetic resonance imaging|
- Search the holdings of all OhioLINK member libraries. Materials listed as available may be requested for delivery to the Kettering College Library. Allow 2-3 business days for delivery.
Provides access to a collection of medical reference books including a medical dictionary.
|WN 185 S545r 2011||Reference Manual for Magnetic Resonance Safety|
|R QS 4 D762g||Gray's Anatomy|
|R QS 17 N474a||Atlas of Human Anatomy|
|R W13 S814||Stedman's Medical Dictionary|
|R WB60 E56278 2004||Encyclopedia of Bioethics|
|R QY 39 F388f 2010||Ferri's Best Test : A Practical Guide To Clinical Laboratory Medicine And Diagnostic Imaging|
|WN 17 F851m 2012||Merrill's Atlas of Radiographic Positioning And Procedures|
- Only current KC students, faculty and staff are able to access the library resources on this guide from off-campus. When accessing library resources from off-campus, a login screen will display.
- Students: enter your Student Portal user name and password.
- Faculty and staff: enter your network user name and password.
- International index to journals in medicine
- CINAHL (Nursing and Allied Health)
- Index to over 1500 nursing and health publications
- Cochran Library
- contains high-quality, independent evidence to inform healthcare decision-making. It includes reliable evidence from Cochrane and other systematic reviews, clinical trials, and more
- Electronic Journals Center
- Full-text indexing service for over 2000 online scholarly and research journals including many in the medical field
- Science Citation Index
- Covers 6,000 major journals in over 150 scientific disciplines
- Health Source (Academic)
- Provides access to nearly 590 scholarly full text journals focusing on many medical disciplines. Also featured are abstracts and indexing for over 627 journals
- Alt-Health Watch (Ebscomed)
- Full text articles from 170+ peer-reviewed and professional journals, magazines, reports, proceedings, association & consumer newsletters on complementary, holistic and integrated approaches to health care
- Academic Search Complete
- Provides full text for more than 3,430 scholarly publications covering a wide variety of academic areas of study
Periodicals on Advanced Imaging available in the KC library
- Cardiovascular and Interventional Radiology
- Clinical Imaging
- Diagnostic Imaging (1981-2010)
- Journal of Computer Assisted Tomography (Single user)
- Journal of Vascular and Interventional Radiology
- Journal of Vascular Technology
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging Clinics of North America (Single user)
- Seminars in Ultrasound, CT and MR
- Topics In Magnetic Resonance Imaging (Single user)
Periodicals available through the Electronic Journal Center
- Abdominal Imaging
- BMC Medical Imaging
- Cardiovascular and Interventional Radiology
- Clinical Imaging
- Concepts in Magnetic Resonance
- Computerized Medical Imaging and Graphics
- Imaging Decisions MRI
- International Journal of Cardiac Imaging
- Journal of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography.
- Journal of Magnetic Resonance. Series A
- Journal of Magnetic Resonance. Series B
- Journal of Magnetic Resonance Imaging
- Klinische Neuroradiologie
- MAGMA: Magnetic Resonance Materials in Biology, Physics and Medicine
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging
- Magnetic Resonance in Medicine
- Medical Image Analysis
- Seminars in Ultrasound, CT, and MRI
INTERNET RESOURCES ON THIS TOPIC
Below are some related sites on the World Wide Web:
- Diagnostic Imaging
Diagnostic Imaging provides news and commentary focused on technology, policy, and practice trends in imaging; commentary from professions in the field; and tools readers and clinicians can use. Requires freeregistration to access materials.
- Yahoo: Medical Imaging: Magnetic Resonance Imaging
Selected sites on Magnetic Resonance Imaging
- Martindale's Health Science Guide: Radiology
Martindale's large index of briefly annotated links represent excellent finding tools with comprehensive content and high quality of selections
- Basics of MRI
Maintained by Joseph P. Hornak, Ph.D.,a Professor of Chemistry and Imaging Science at the Rochester Institute of Technology, this site covers all the basics of MRI.
- CT Anatomy Tutor
CT Anatomy Tutor from the Wayne State University of Medicine is designed to facilitate learning of relevant CT anatomy
- CT is US
CT is us is created and maintained by The Advanced Medical Imaging Laboratory (AMIL). AMIL is a multidisciplinary team dedicated to research, education, and the advancement of patient care using medical imaging with a focus on spiral CT and 3D imaging.
The ImPACT group is the UK's CT scanner evaluation centre, funded by the Medical Devices Agency to provide a wide range of CT (Computed Tomography) scanner related services to the UK's National Health Service. On our site, we try to give you an idea of our work, as well as providing resources for people involved in CT scanning.
- 3-D Slicer
The 3D Slicer uniquely integrates several facets of image-guided medicine into a single environment. It provides capabilities for automatic registration (aligning data sets), semi-automatic segmentation (extracting structures such as vessels and tumors from the data), generation of 3D surface models (for viewing the segmented structures), 3D visualization, and quantitative analysis (measuring distances, angles, surface areas, and volumes) of various medical scans.
- Imaginis: Medical Procedures: MRI
The Imaginis.com web site, sponsored by Siemens, contains extensive information about medical procedures such as angiography, biopsy, CT, MR, nuclear medicine, ultrasound, x-ray imaging and radiotherapy.
Science.gov searches over 45 databases and 2000+ selecte websites from 14 federal agencies. Enter your search concept (CT scans, MRI, etc.) and retrieve a list of relevant materials from those resources.