CHEMISTRY: A GUIDE TO INFORMATION RESOURCES
KC/Wright State and Affiliates Catalog
Search for books, videos and other materials in the library collection.
Useful LC SUBJECT HEADINGS for this topic:
Useful Useful LC CALL NUMBERS on this subject:
|QD 1-65||General Chemistry|
|QD 71-142||Analytical Chemistry|
|QD 146-197||Inorganic Chemistry|
|QD 241-441||Organic Chemistry|
Useful NLM CALL NUMBERS on this subject:
|QU||Biochemistry. Cell Biology. Genetics|
- Search the holdings of all OhioLINK member libraries. Materials listed as available may be requested for delivery to the Kettering College Library. Allow 2-3 business days for delivery.
|R QD4 .C48 2004||Chemistry : Foundations and Applications|
|R QD4 .V36 2005||Van Nostrand's Encyclopedia of Chemistry|
|R QD5 .C5 2007||Hawley's Condensed Chemical Dictionary|
|R QD5 .D4985 2008||A Dictionary of Chemistry|
|R QD8.5 .A25 2006||The ACS Style Guide : Effective Communication of Scientific Information|
|R QD51 .C73 2000||CRC Handbook of Laboratory Safety|
|R QD65 .H3 2012-13||CRC Handbook of Chemistry And Physics|
|R QD65 .L36 2005||Lange's Handbook of Chemistry|
|R QD291 .C55 2005||The Vocabulary and Concepts of Organic Chemistry|
|R QD291 .M86 2005||Name Reactions and Reagents in Organic Synthesis|
- Only current KC students, faculty and staff are able to access the library resources on this guide from off-campus. When accessing library resources from off-campus, a login screen will display.
- Students: enter your Student Portal user name and password.
- Faculty and staff: enter your network user name and password.
- Academic Search Complete
- Provides full text for more than 3,430 scholarly publications covering a wide variety of academic areas of study
- ACS (American Chemical Society) Publications
- Provides abstracts and full text for journals and magazines from the American Chemical Society
- Although focuses primarily on the biological sciences, BIOSIS is an excellent resource for articles on biochemistry
- Science Citation Index Epanded
- A multidisciplinary database covering the journal literature of the sciences
- Science Direct
- Provides access to full text articles from selected titles in the Elsevier journal collection.
- A database of peer-reviewed literature and quality web sources for science research
Periodicals available in the KC library
- Popular Science
- Scientific American
Chemistry periodicals available through the Electronic Journal Center (EJC)
The Electronic Journal Center provides full-text access to a core collection of scholarly journals in chemistry. Click the link for the collection you want to access.
INTERNET RESOURCES ON THIS TOPIC
Below are some related sites on the World Wide Web:
- BioChem Web
A guide to major online resources in biochemistry, molecular and cell biology and related fields
- ChemWeb Online
An online chemsitry study resource for students at all levels.
- Fundamentals of Chemistry
An online general chemistry tutorial from the Chemistry Department at the University of Wisconsin.
- General Chemistry Online
Tutorials, practice tests and much more to help general chemistry students.
- Organic Chemistry Help!
Provides access to a variety of online tutorials for the study of organic chemistry
- Chemistry Learning Center
Tutorials in general and organic chemistry from the chemistry department at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Periodic Table of the Elements and Chemistry
Award winning periodic table, with user-friendly element data and facts. Cool, online chemistry videos, dictionary, tools and forum.
a periodic table with extensive information about every element; information ranges from the history of the element to common compounds to physical properties
- Chemistry World Podcasts
provides access to podcasts of selections from Chemistry World magazine as wsll as from Chemistry int Its Elemsent: Compounds and Chemistry in Its Element: Interactive Periodic Table