CONSUMER HEALTH: A GUIDE TO INFORMATION RESOURCES
KC/Wright State and Affiliates Catalog
Search for books, videos and other materials in the library collection.
Useful MeSH SUBJECT HEADINGS for this topic:
disease by name*
*check MeSH Subject Headings
Useful LC SUBJECT HEADINGS for this topic:
Useful NLM CALL NUMBERS on this subject:
|WB 13||Medical encyclopedias|
|WB 39||Medicine. Handbooks|
|WB 115||Internal Medicine|
|WB 141||General diagnosis|
- Search the holdings of all OhioLINK member libraries. Materials listed as available may be requested for delivery to the Kettering College Library. Allow 2-3 business days for delivery.
|R WB 39 F394f||Ferri's Clinical Advisor: Instant Diagnosis and Treatment|
|R WB 39 H2358||Handbook Of Diseases|
|R WB 102 F565||The 5-Minute Clinical Consult|
|R WB 115 H322||Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine|
|R WB 200 D3194||Degowin's Diagnostic Examination|
- Only current KC students, faculty and staff are able to access the library resources on this guide from off-campus. When accessing library resources from off-campus, a login screen will display.
- Students: enter your Student Portal user name and password.
- Faculty and staff: enter your network user name and password.
- Health Source: Consumer Edition
- Provides access to nearly 590 scholarly full text journals focusing on many medical disciplines. Also featured are abstracts and indexing for over 627 journals
- CINAHL (Nursing and Allied Health)
- Index to nursing and allied health periodicals. For articles with a consumer health focus, use Consumer Health Journals limit option
- Alt-Health Watch
- Full text articles from 170+ peer-reviewed and professional journals, magazines, reports, proceedings, association & consumer newsletters on complementary, holistic and integrated approaches to health care
- Academic Search Complete
- Provides full text for more than 3,430 scholarly publications covering a wide variety of academic areas of study
- Middle Search Plus
- Provides full text for nearly 150 popular, magazines for middle and jr. high school research. All full text articles included in the database are assigned a reading level indicator (Lexiles), and full text information dates as far back as 1990.
- MAS Ultra--School Edition
- Designed specifically for high school libraries, this database provides full text for over 500 popular general interest and current events , also provides nearly 550 full text pamphlets, 150 full text reference books, nearly 100,000 biographies, 76,000 primary source documents, and an image collection of 116,000 photos
Periodicals available in the KC library
- Natural Health
INTERNET RESOURCES ON THIS TOPIC
Below are some related sites on the World Wide Web:
- Child and Adolescent Health
From the Oregon Health and Science University, this site provides links to consumer health information for children and adolescents.
- Center for Disease Control: Health Topics A to Z
Provides links to information on diseases and health topics found on the CDC web site.
This site has separate sections for parents, kids and teens. It offers lots of good information in ways that are appropriate for each age group.
- FDA Kids' Home Page
Produced by the FDA, this site is intended to bring accurate, science-based informtion to children, parents and educators regarding the use of medicines and food to improve health.
The premier consumer health information site from the National Library of Medicine. It should be the first stop for all your consumer health questions. Has Children’s Health and Child and Teen Health Topics sections.
- Keep Kids Healthy
Provides pages relating to children at all ages, newborn through adolescence
- healthfinder kids
This site is produced by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, and provides links to reliable health information geared towards kids.