CULTURAL DIVERSITY: A GUIDE TO INFORMATION RESOURCES
KC/Wright State and Affiliates Catalog
Search for books, videos and other materials in the library collection.
Useful SUBJECT HEADINGS for this topic:
LC Subject Headings
Health--cross cultural studies
Health behavior--cross cultural studies
Health--research--cross cultural studies
Medical ethics--cross cultural studies
Nursing--cross cultural studies
Transcultural medical care
Cross cultural studies
Country--social life and customs
MeSH Subject Headings
Cross cultural comparison
Useful LC CALL NUMBERS on this subject:
|E184-185.98||Ethnic/racial elements in the US population|
|GN301-674||Ethnology. Social and cultural anthropology|
|GN537-674||Etnic groups and races|
Useful NLM CALL NUMBERS on this subject:
|W84||Health Services. Qualtiy of care|
|WA30||Social,economic and environmental factors in public health|
|WA300||Health problems of special popultion groups|
- Search the holdings of all OhioLINK member libraries. Materials listed as available may be requested for delivery to the Kettering College Library. Allow 2-3 business days for delivery.
- Only current KC students, faculty and staff are able to access the library resources on this guide from off-campus. When accessing library resources from off-campus, a login screen will display.
- Students: enter your Student Portal user name and password.
- Faculty and staff: enter your network user name and password.
- CINAHL (Nursing and Allied Health)
- Index to over 1500 nursing and health publications
- International index to journals in medicine
- Electronic Journals Center
- Full-text indexing service for over 2000 online scholarly and research journals including titles in health-related fields
- Social Sciences Citation Index
- Citations and cited references from over 1700 journals in the social sciences
- Health Source (Academic)
- Provides access to nearly 590 scholarly full text journals focusing on many medical disciplines. Also featured are abstracts and indexing for over 627 journals
- Alt-Health Watch
- Full text articles from 170+ peer-reviewed and professional journals, magazines, reports, proceedings, association & consumer newsletters on complementary, holistic and integrated approaches to health care
- Academic Search Complete
- Provides full text for more than 3,430 scholarly publications covering a wide variety of academic areas of study
Periodicals available in the KC library
- International Journal for Human Caring
- Journal of Cultural Diversity
- The Journal of Multicultural Nursing & Health (1998-2007)
- Journal of Transcultural Nursing (2002-2012)
Periodicals available through the Electronic Journal Center
INTERNET RESOURCES ON THIS TOPIC
Below are some related sites on the World Wide Web:
- Catholic Health East: Ethics Tools
Provides access to a variety of tools on ethical decision making in health care; includes access to Religious Traditions and Healthcare
A web site and a resource center of print materials promoting culturally-competent health care for refugees and immigrants
- Ethnicity Online
This online resource is intended to help broaden awareness of the needs of ethnic groups using healthcare services – as well as the needs of healthcare staff from ethnic minorities
- Multicultural Health Resources
A compilation of web resources from Kent State University
- Office of Minority Health
The Office of Minority Health is charged with protecting the health and well being of minorities in the United States.
- Culturally Effective Healthcare
AMA report on delivery of healthcare within the context of respectful understanding and appreciation of cultural distinctions
"The EthnoMed site contains information about cultural beliefs, medical issues and other related issues pertinent to the health care of recent immigrants to Seattle or the US, many of whom are refugees fleeing war-torn parts of the world."
- University of Kansas School of Medicine Office of Cultural Enhancement and Diversity
Links Related to Diversity in Health Care / Medical Education
- Kaiser Family Foundation: Minority Health
Resources on disparities in health care from the Kaiser Family Foundation.
- The Cross Cultural Health Care Program
CCHCP serves as a bridge between communities and health care institutions to ensure full access to quality health care that is culturally and linguistically appropriate. Their web site provides access to a variety of resources.
- Bioethics Resources on the Web: Culture and Ethnicity in Medicine
Selected links on cultural diversity and ethnicity in medicine from the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
- Transcultural and Multicultural Health Links
A collection of web sites maintained by Ellen Bosman, a librarian at New Mexico State University, brings together a large collection of multicultural health resources.
- Country Studies
The Country Studies Series presents a description and analysis of the historical setting and the social, economic, political, and national security systems and institutions of countries throughout the world.
- Country Profiles
The Country Profiles Series offer brief, summarized information on a country’s historical background, geography, society, economy, transportation and telecommunications, government and politics, and national security.
- World Fact Books
Facts on individual counties of the world drawn from the CIA World Factbooks and other sources
- World Health Organization: Countries
Health information on individual countries that are members of the World Health Organization
- Cultural Diversity Resources
This site from AARC provides links to a varitey of cultural diversity resources for health care providers.