DISEASES--Identification and Treatment: A GUIDE TO INFORMATION RESOURCES
KC/Wright State and Affiliates Catalog
Search for books, videos and other materials in the library collection.
Useful MeSH SUBJECT HEADINGS for this topic:
Diagnostic tests routine
Laboratory techniques and procedu
disease by name*
organism by name*
*check MeSH Subject Headings
Useful NLM CALL NUMBERS on this subject:
|QV 39||Drug handbooks|
|QY 4||Clinical Pathology|
|QY 25||Laboratory manuals|
|QY 39||Laboratory test handbooks|
|WB 13||Medical encyclopedias|
|WB 39||Medicine. Handbooks|
|WB 115||Internal Medicine|
|WB 141||General diagnosis|
|WB 141.5||Differential Diagnosis|
|WB 143||Signs and symptoms|
|WB 200||Physical Diagnosis|
|WB 205||Techniques of Physical Examination|
|WB 330||Drug therapy|
- Search the holdings of all OhioLINK member libraries. Materials listed as available may be requested for delivery to the Kettering College Library. Allow 2-3 business days for delivery.
Provides access to a collection of medical reference books including a medical dictionary.
|R QV4 G6532||Goodman & Gilman's The Pharmacological Basis Of Therapeutics|
|R QV735 V423d||Davis's Drug Guide For Nurses|
|R QV 772 P578||Physicians' Desk Reference|
|Diseases: Diagnostic Tests|
|R QY 25 F528m||A Manual Of Laboratory & Diagnostic Tests|
|History and Pathophysiology of Disease|
|R QZ 17 A8803 2010||Atlas of Pathophysiology|
|R QZ 140 P9647||Professional Guide to Pathophysiology|
|R W13 S814||Stedman's Medical Dictionary|
|Disease: Etiology, Signs and Symptoms,Diagnosis, and Therapy|
|E-Book||Emerging Biological Threats: A Reference Guide|
|E-Book||The Gale Encyclopedia of Cancer|
|E-Book||The Gale Encyclopedia of Children's Health: Infancy through Adolescence|
|E-Book||The Gale Encyclopedia of Genetic Disorders|
|E-Book||The Gale Encyclopedia of Medicine|
|E-Book||The Gale Encyclopedia of Mental Health|
|E-Book||The Gale Encyclopedia of Neurological Disorders|
|E-Book||Human Diseases and Conditions|
|E-Book||Infectious Diseases in Context|
|R WB 39 F394f||Ferri's Clinical Advisor : Instant Diagnosis And Treatment|
|R WB 39 H2358||Handbook Of Diseases|
|R WB 102 F565||The 5-Minute Clinical Consult|
|R WB 115 H322||Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine|
|R WB 200 D3194||Degowin's Diagnostic Examination|
|R WB 300 C752||Conn's Current Therapy|
- Only current KC students, faculty and staff are able to access the library resources on this guide from off-campus. When accessing library resources from off-campus, a login screen will display.
- Students: enter your Student Portal user name and password.
- Faculty and staff: enter your network user name and password.
- BioMed Central
- Full-text access to peer-reviewed journals in the biomedical sciences, published electronically.
- Note: Not all journals can be freely accessed, some require a subscription.
- Cochran Library
- Contains high-quality, independent evidence to inform healthcare decision-making. It includes reliable evidence from Cochrane and other systematic reviews, clinical trials, and more
- International index to journals in medicine
- Full-text access to a peer reviewed medical journal published electronically by Medscape
- Medscape Reference
- offers specialists, primary care physicians, and other health professionals the Web's most robust and integrated medical information and educational tools
- Science Citation Index
- Covers 6,000 major journals in over 150 scientific disciplines
- An evidence-based, peer reviewed source of medical information
- Electronic Journals Center
- Full-text indexing service for over 2000 online scholarly and research journals including many in the medical field
- Health Source (Nursing/Academic)
- Provides access to nearly 590 scholarly full text journals focusing on many medical disciplines. Also featured are abstracts and indexing for over 627 journals
- Alt-Health Watch
- Full text articles from 170+ peer-reviewed and professional journals, magazines, reports, proceedings, association & consumer newsletters on complementary, holistic and integrated approaches to health care
- Academic Search Complete
- Provides full text for more than 3,430 scholarly publications covering a wide variety of academic areas of study
Periodicals available in the KC library
- The Clinical Advisor : For Physician Assistants
- Clinician Reviews
- JAAPA: Official Journal Of The American Academy Of Physician Assistants
- JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association
- New England Journal of Medicine
- PA Professional
- Science & Medicine
An extensive collection of medical journals is available in the Medical Library. Check the Medical Library Journal Holdings for a list of titles.
Periodicals available through the Electronic Journal Center
- The American Journal Of Medicine
- American Journal Of Preventive Medicine
- Archives Of Medical Research
- Comparative Immunology, Microbiology And Infectious Diseases
- Disease Management And Clinical Outcomes
- Disease Management And Health Outcomes
- Integrative Medicine
- Intensive Care Medicine
- Journal of General Internal Medicine
- Preventive Medicine
INTERNET RESOURCES ON THIS TOPIC
Below are some related sites on the World Wide Web:
- BUBL Link: Diseases
Selected academic web sites on diseases.
- National Foundation for Infectious Diseases
Makes available a wealth of public health education information intended to inform the public about and to prevent the spread of infectious diseases. The site includes a publications segment with access to brochures, proceedings and symposia, although not all are full-text; Clinical Updates with reports on current pharmaceutical company supported research; recommend web-sites with links to information on infectious diseases.
- CDC: Diseases and Conditions
Disease information from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention
SUMSearch is a meta-search engine designed to locate high quality medical informtion on the Internet.
- Science.gov: Diseases and Medical Conditions
Science.gov: Diseases and Medical Conditions is a government science gateway. This section provides information about diseases and medical contitions.