MICROBIOLOGY: A GUIDE TO INFORMATION RESOURCES
KC/Wright State and Affiliates Catalog
Search for books, videos and other materials in the library collection.
Useful MeSH SUBJECT HEADINGS for this topic:
Colony count, microbial
Mycological typing techniques
organism by name*
disease by name*
|*check Medical Subject Headings|
Useful NLM CALL NUMBERS on this subject:
|QY||Clinical Pathology. Laboratory and Diagnostic Tests|
|QY 1-39||Clinical Laboratory Diagnostic Manuals and Guides|
|WB 1-962||Practice of Medicine|
- Search the holdings of all OhioLINK member libraries. Materials listed as available may be requested for delivery to the Kettering College Library. Allow 2-3 business days for delivery.
- Provides full-text access to a collection of medical and clinical science textbooks
|R W13 S814||Stedman's Medical Dictionary|
|QV 4 G6532 2006||Goodman & Gillman's The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics|
|R QW 13 D47 2004||Desk Encyclopedia of Microbioloy|
|R QW 15 B496 2000||Bergey's Manual of Determinative Bacteriology|
|R QX 39 A825p 2003||The Parasites of Homo Sapiens|
|Diseases: Diagnostic Tests|
|R QY 25 F528m||A Manual Of Laboratory & Diagnostic Tests|
|R QY 39 F388f||Ferri's Best Test: A Practical Guide to Clinical Laboratory Medicine and Diagnostic Imaging|
|History and Pathophysiology of Disease|
|R QZ 17 A8803 2010||Atlas of Pathophysiology|
|R QZ 140 P9647||Professional Guide to Pathophysiology|
|Disease: Etiology, Signs and Symptoms,Diagnosis, and Therapy|
|E-Book||Infectious Diseases in Context|
|R WB 39 F394f||Ferri's Clinical Advisor : Instant Diagnosis And Treatment|
|R WB 39 H2358||Handbook Of Diseases|
|R WB 100 C3888||Cecil Medicine|
|R WB 102 F565||The 5-Minute Clinical Consult|
|R WB 115 H322||Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine|
|R WB 200 D3194||Degowin's Diagnostic Examination|
|R WB 300 C752||Conn's Current Therapy|
- Only current KC students, faculty and staff are able to access the library resources on this guide from off-campus. When accessing library resources from off-campus, a login screen will display.
- Students: enter your Student Portal user name and password.
- Faculty and staff: enter your network user name and password.
When accessing resources from off-campus, a login screen will display. Enter your name and ID number and click Login Securely.
- BioMed Central
- Full-text access to peer-reviewed journals in the biomedical sciences, published electronically.
- Note: Not all journals can be freely accessed, some require a subscription.
- International index to medical and biomedical journals
- BIOSIS (Biological Abstracts)
- Index to 6,500 journals, reports and proceedings in the life sciences
- Full-text access to a peer reviewed medical journal published electronically by Medscape
- Electronic Journals Center
- Full-text indexing service for over 2000 online scholarly and research journals
- Science Citation Index
- Covers 6,000 major journals in over 150 scientific disciplines
- Health Source (Nursing/Academic)
- Provides access to nearly 590 scholarly full text journals focusing on many medical disciplines. Also featured are abstracts and indexing for over 627 journals
- Academic Search Complete
- Provides full text for more than 3,430 scholarly publication covering a wide variety of academic areas of study
Periodicals available through the Electronic Journal Center The Electronic Journal Center provides full-text access to an extensive collection of scholarly journals. The link below will take you to the menu of Microbiology journals available in the EJC. You may search all journals or an individual title for articles on a topic.
INTERNET RESOURCES ON THIS TOPIC
Below are some related sites on the World Wide Web:
- US Food and Drug Administration Bacteriological Analytical Manual Online
- http://www.fda.gov/Food/FoodScienceResearch/LaboratoryMethods/BacteriologicalAnalyticalManualBAM/default.htm BacteriologicalAnalyticalManualBAM/default.htm
- Centers for Disease Control
- Medical Microbiology: Southern Illinois University
- National Virus Reference Laboratory
- All the Virology on the WWW
- The Bad Bug Book (from the US Dept. of Agriculture)
- The Microbiology Network
- North Harris College: Microbiology Web Sites
- The Mycology.Net
- National Foundation for Infectious Diseases
Makes available a wealth of information intended to inform the public about and to prevent the spread of infectious diseases.
- Dr. Fungus
A practical guide to the understanding and management of invasive fungal infections
Web-based image files of various microorganisms:
- Virtual Museum of Bacteria
- An Internet Gallery of Health Science Images
- Microbiology Images: Parasitology
- The Big Picture Book of Viruses
- Dennis Kunkel's Image Gallery
- Diagnostic Parasitology Images