NURSING: A GUIDE TO INFORMATION RESOURCES
KC/Wright State and Affiliates Catalog
Search for books, videos and other materials in the library collection.
Useful MeSH SUBJECT HEADINGS for nursing topics:
- Consult the MeSH Subject Headings volume in the library, or online search for MeSH headings in Medline or PubMed.
Community health nursing
Patient care management
Patient care planning
Public health nursing
Example: Alzheimer's Disease--nursing
|*check Medical Subject Headings|
Useful NLM CALL NUMBERS for nursing topics:
|QV 39||Drug handbooks|
|QY 4||Clinical Pathology|
|QY 25||Laboratory manuals|
|QY 39||Laboratory test handbooks|
|WY18.2||Educational materials: study guides, board reviews, etc.|
|WY20.5||Research (For research in a specific field look under that field in WY 150-164)|
|WY21||Licensure. Certification. Registration|
|WY 85||Nursing ethics|
|WY86||Nursing philosophy. Nursing theory|
|WY100.4||Nursing assessment. Nursing diagnosis|
|WY100.5||Nursing records, care plans. Nursing audit|
|WY101-145||Special Fields in Nursing|
|WY108||Public health nursing|
|WY150-164||Nursing Techniques in Special Fields of Medicine|
|WY152||Geriatric and chronic disease nursing. Life support care. Long term care. Terminal care|
|WY152.5||Cardiovascular nursing. Hemic and lymphatic disease nursing|
|WY154||Emergency nursing. Critical care. Intensive care. Recovery room care. Postanesthesia nursing|
|WY157.3||Maternity nursing. Maternal-child nursing. Neonatal nursing. Perinatal nursing|
|WY159||Pediatric nursing. Adolescent nursing|
|WY161||Surgical nursing. Perioperative nursing|
- Search the holdings of all OhioLINK member libraries. Materials listed as available may be requested for delivery to the Kettering College Library. Allow 2-3 business days for delivery.
Provides access to a collection of medical reference books including a medical dictionary.
|R QV4 G6532||Goodman & Gilman's The Pharmacological Basis Of Therapeutics|
|R QV 39 M8945 2013||Mosby's Nursing Drug Reference|
|R QV 39 P754 2012||Poisoning & Drug Overdose|
|R QV 735 V234d 2013||Davis's Drug Guide for Nurses|
|R QV 772 P575||PDR for Nonprescription Drugs, Dietary Supplements, and Herbs: The Definitive Guide to OTC Medications|
|R QV 772 P578||Physicians' Desk Reference: PDR|
|R QV 772 P5781 2010||PDR Guide to Drug Interactions, Side Effects, and Indications|
|R QY 25 F528m||A Manual Of Laboratory & Diagnostic Tests|
|Nursing: General Resources|
|E-Book||Joanna Briggs Institute Books|
|E-Book||Gale Encyclopedia of Nursing and Allied Health|
|R WY 13 N9738 2012||Nursing Leadership: A Concise Encyclopedia|
|R WY 13 P888d 2006||Dictionary of Nursing Theory and Research|
|R WY 13 S673h 1999||Historical Encyclopedia of Nursing|
|R WY 20.5 I59 2004||Instruments for Clinical Health-Care|
|R WY 33 AA1 N79 2004||Nurse's Legal Handbook|
|R WY 49 N9748 2008||Nurse's 3-Minute Clinical Reference|
|R WY 49 O585 2011||Oncology Nursing Drug Handbook|
|R WY 49 P964 2011||Professional Guide To Signs & Symptoms|
|R WY 49 S662n 2010||Nurses' Guide To Clinical Procedures|
|R WY 100.4 N864 2012-14||NANDA International Nursing Diagnoses: Definitions & Classification 2012-2014|
|Nursing Ethics, Nursing Standards|
|R WY 18.5 S422 2007||Scope and Standards of Practice for Nursing Professional Development|
|R WY 18.5 S422 2010||Nursing Professional Development: Scope and Standards of Practice|
|R WY 26.5 N9739 2008||Nursing Informatics: Scope and Standards of Practice|
|R WY 85 P895 2002||Practical Ethics for Nurses and Nursing Students: A Short Reference Manual|
|R WY 100 AA1 S422 2011||Scope and Standards of Practice for Professional Telehealth Nursing|
|R WY 113 A511 1997||Scope and Standards of College Health Nursing Practice|
|R WY 113 N277s 2001||Scope and Standards of Professional School Nursing Practice|
|R WY 150 I592s 1997||Scope and Standards of Forensic Nursing Practice|
|E-Book||The Gale Encyclopedia of Cancer|
|E-Book||The Gale Encyclopedia of Children's Health: Infancy through Adolescence|
|E-Book||The Gale Encyclopedia of Genetic Disorders|
|E-Book||The Gale Encyclopedia of Medicine|
|E-Book||The Gale Encyclopedia of Mental Health|
|E-Book||The Gale Encyclopedia of Neurological Disorders|
|E-Book||Human Diseases and Conditions|
- Only current KC students, faculty and staff are able to access the library resources on this guide from off-campus. When accessing library resources from off-campus, a login screen will display.
- Students: enter your Student Portal user name and password.
- Faculty and staff: enter your network user name and password.
- CINAHL (Nursing and Allied Health)
- Index to articles in over 1500 nursing and health publications
- Cochran Library
- contains high-quality, independent evidence to inform healthcare decision-making. It includes reliable evidence from Cochrane and other systematic reviews, clinical trials, and more
- International index to journals in medicine
- Provides abstracts and citations to the scholarly literature in the behavioral and mental health sciences
- Electronic Journals Center
- Full-text indexing service for over 2000 online scholarly and research journals including titles in the nursing field
- Science Citation Index
- Covers 6,000 major journals in over 150 scientific disciplines
- Health Source (Nursing/Academic)
- Provides access to nearly 590 scholarly full text journals focusing on many medical disciplines. Also featured are abstracts and indexing for over 627 journals
- Alt-Health Watch
- Full text articles from 170+ peer-reviewed and professional journals, magazines, reports, proceedings, association & consumer newsletters on complementary, holistic and integrated approaches to health care
Nursing Periodicals available in the KC library
Nursing periodicals available through the Electronic Journal Center (EJC)
The Electronic Journal Center provides full-text access to a core collection of scholarly journals in nursing. The link below will take you to that collection. You may search all journals or an individual title for articles on a topic.
INTERNET RESOURCES ON THIS TOPIC
Below are links to professional and academic Nursing websites:
- Auscultation Assistant
- Designed to help students appreciate the different audio characteristics of heart murmurs and breath sounds
- Lab Tests Online.
- Designed to help people better understand the many clinical lab tests that are part of routine care as well as diagnosis and treatment of a broad range of conditions and diseases
Professional Nursing Organization Sites
- American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
- A professional organization for nursing practitioners of all specialties. Provides information on programs, continuing eduction, grants, practice and regulatory information, links to other relevant sites, and more.
- American Association of Diabetes Educators
- A multidisciplinary organization representing over 100,000 healthcare professionals. Provides information on diabetes care and education.
- American Holistic Nurses' Association
- A group of nurses dedicated to bringing the concepts of holism to every arena of nursing practice. Provides resources and information on holistic nursing and alternative healing practices.
- American Nurses Association
- A full service professional organization representing RN's nationwide. ANA advances the nursing profession by fostering high standards of nursing practice, and making the government aware of health care issues affecting the public.
- AORN Online
- Maintained by the Association of Perioperative Registered nurses, it is a professional organization of perioperative registered nurses that supports registered nurses in achieving optimal outcomes for patients undergoing operative and other invasive procedures.
- AWHONN-Association of Women's Health, Obstetric and Neonatal Nurses
- As the standard-bearer for nurses in a variety of specialties, AWHONN develops nursing guidelines and position statements on crucial and emerging women's health, obstetric and neonatal nursing practice issues.
- ENW: Emergency Nursing World
- A practice-based web resource for Emergency Nurses. Contains clinical and research articles, informative links, and several reference sources relating to emergency nursing.
- National League for Nursing
- Hosted by the NLN, the leading accrediting body for nursing programs. Represents over 1500 nursing schools and health care agencies. Provides information on testing services, membership, job seeking, and other health care information.
- Maintained by a staff of RN's. Dedicated to the continuing education and involvement of nursing professionals and allied health care providers. Features nursing forums, chat rooms, web boards, and informative links to all areas of nursing.
- Nursing Education of America
- NURSING EDUCATION OF AMERICA® is a not-for-profit organization providing Nursing Continuing Education courses ranging from general interest to mental health, critical care and more. Our courses come in three levels of learning to best meet your needs and time schedule.
- Ohio Board of Nursing
- Hosted by the State of Ohio Board of Nursing. Provides information on licensure verification, publications, upcoming events and updates, and the minutes, forms, and annual report of the Board.
- Ohio Nurses Association
- A professional organization for Ohio's registered nurses. A recognized leader and advocate for professional nursing, nurses, and quality health care in Ohio. Provides membership information, news, and resource links.
- Ohio Revised Code: Nurses
- Ohio laws relating to the profession of nursing.
- Sigma Theta Tau Nursing Research
- Sponsored by Sigma Theta Tau, the Nursing Honor Society, this site provides a publicly accessible system for sharing nursing research.
- Virginia Henderson International Nursing Library
- Sponsored by the Sigma Theta Tau Nursing Honoe Society, this site provides international online access to reliable nursing inforamtion.