PATHOPHYSIOLOGY: A GUIDE TO INFORMATION RESOURCES
KC/Wright State and Affiliates Catalog
Search for books, videos and other materials in the library collection.
Useful MeSH SUBJECT HEADINGS for this topic:
Genetic diseases, inborn
Genetic predisposition to disease
disease by name* -pathology
disease by name* -physiopathology
ogranism by name* -pathogenicity
ºfor books on pathophysiology
do a combined search for these two subjects
|*check Medical Subject Headings|
Useful NLM CALL NUMBERS on this subject:
|QW115-185.5||Microbiology of specific organisms|
|QZ4||General works on pathology|
|QZ40-109||Pathogenesis. Other causes of disease|
|QZ140||Physiological pathology. General manifestations of disease|
|QZ150||Local reactions to injury and disease|
|QZ160||General reactions to injury and disease. Stress|
|QZ 180||Degenerative processes. Disorders of metabolism|
|WC200||Bacterial infections--general works|
|WC202-405||Infection by specific type of bacteria|
|WC450||Mycosis. Fungal infections--general works|
|WC460-475||Infections by specific types of fungi|
|WC500||Viral infection--general works|
|WC501-593||Infections by specific types of viruses|
|WC600-660||Rickettsial Infections. Chlamydial Infections|
|WC680-950||Tropical and Parasitic Diseases|
- Search the holdings of all OhioLINK member libraries. Materials listed as available may be requested for delivery to the Kettering College Library. Allow 2-3 business days for delivery.
|R QV4 G6532||Goodman & Gilman's The Pharmacological Basis Of Therapeutics|
|R QV735 V423d||Davis's Drug Guide For Nurses|
|R QV 772 P578||Physicians' Desk Reference|
|R QY 25 F528m||A Manual Of Laboratory & Diagnostic Tests|
|History and Pathophysiology of Disease|
|R QZ 4 R6354 2010||Robbins and Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease|
|R QZ 4 R6355 2013||Robbins Basic Pathology|
|R QZ 4 R896 2012||Rubin's Pathology: Clinicopathologic Foundations of Medicine|
|R QZ 17 A8803 2010||Atlas of Pathophysiology|
|R QZ 140 P9647||Professional Guide to Pathophysiology|
|R W13 S814||Stedman's Medical Dictionary|
|Disease: Etiology, Signs and Symptoms,Diagnosis, and Therapy|
|E-Book||The Gale Encyclopedia of Cancer|
|E-Book||The Gale Encyclopedia of Children's Health: Infancy through Adolescence|
|E-Book||The Gale Encyclopedia of Genetic Disorders|
|E-Book||The Gale Encyclopedia of Medicine|
|E-Book||The Gale Encyclopedia of Mental Health|
|E-Book||The Gale Encyclopedia of Neurological Disorders|
|E-Book||Human Diseases and Conditions|
|E-Book||Infectious Diseases in Context|
|R WB 39 F394f||Ferri's Clinical Advisor : Instant Diagnosis And Treatment|
|R WB 39 H2358||Handbook Of Diseases|
|R WB 102 F565||The 5-Minute Clinical Consult|
|R WB 115 H322||Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine|
|R WB 200 D3194||Degowin's Diagnostic Examination|
|R WB 300 C752||Conn's Current Therapy|
- Only current KC students, faculty and staff are able to access the library resources on this guide from off-campus. When accessing library resources from off-campus, a login screen will display.
- Students: enter your Student Portal user name and password.
- Faculty and staff: enter your network user name and password.
- BioMed Central
- Full-text access to peer-reviewed journals in the biomedical sciences, published electronically.
- Note: Not all journals can be freely accessed, some require a subscription.
- Cochran Library
- contains high-quality, independent evidence to inform healthcare decision-making. It includes reliable evidence from Cochrane and other systematic reviews, clinical trials, and more
- Electronic Journals Center
- Full-text indexing service for over 2000 online scholarly and research journals
- Full-text access to a peer reviewed medical journal published electronically by Medscape
- International index to medical and biomedical journals
- Science Citation Index
- Covers 6,000 major journals in over 150 scientific disciplines
- BIOSIS (Biological Abstracts)
- Index to 6,500 journals, reports and proceedings in the life sciences
- Health Source (Nursing and Academic)
- Provides access to nearly 590 scholarly full text journals focusing on many medical disciplines. Also featured are abstracts and indexing for over 627 journals
- Academic Search Complete
- Provides full text for more than 3,430 scholarly publication covering a wide variety of academic areas of study
Periodicals available through the Electronic Journal Center
INTERNET RESOURCES ON THIS TOPIC
Below are some related sites on the World Wide Web:
- National Foundation for Infectious Diseases
Makes available a wealth of public health education information intended to inform the public about and to prevent the spread of infectious diseases. The site includes a publications segment with access to brochures, proceedings and symposia, although not all are full-text; Clinical Updates with reports on current pharmaceutical company supported research; recommend web-sites with links to information on infectious diseases.
- Science.gov: Diseases and Medical Conditions
Science.gov: Diseases and Medical Conditions is a government science gateway. This section provides information about diseases and medical contitions.
SUMSearch is a meta-search engine designed to locate high quality medical informtion on the Internet.
- Hardin M. D.
Maintained by Hardin Library at the University of Iowa, provides links to qualtiy health and medical information sites
- Introduction to Human Disease: Web Links
Selected web links correlated to the chapters of Introduction to Human Disease, 7th ed..
- University of Connecticut Health Center Department of Pathology Pathweb
A virtual museum of pathology searchable by organ, by pathological process or by both
- Museum of Human Disease
This web site maintained by the University of New South Wales Department of Pathology contains interactive images of disease and links to selected web sites.
This popular web resource includes over 1900 images along with text, tutorials, laboratory exercises, and examination items for self-assessment that demonstrate gross and microscopic pathologic findings associated with human disease conditions.