PHARMACOLOGY: A GUIDE TO INFORMATION RESOURCES
KC/Wright State and Affiliates Catalog
Search for books, videos and other materials in the library collection.
Useful MeSH SUBJECT HEADINGS for this topic:
Drug delivery systems
Pharmaceutical preparations -- administration & dosage
drug name*--adverse effects
drug name*--therapeutic use
|*check Medical Subject Headings|
Useful NLM CALL NUMBERS on this subject:
|QV 38||Drug actions (pharmacokinetics)|
|QV 39||Drug handbooks|
|QV 60||Dermatologic agents|
|QV 66||Gastrointestinal agents|
|QV 76||Antitussive agents|
|QV 89||Opioid analgesics. Narcotics and narcotic antagonists|
|QV 95||Anti-inflammatory analgesics|
|QV 100||Stimulants of the central nervous system|
|QV 150||Drugs acting on the cardiovascular system|
|QV 180||Drugs acting on blood cells and blood formation|
|QV 220||Local anti-infective agents|
|WB 330||Drug therapy|
- Search the holdings of all OhioLINK member libraries. Materials listed as available may be requested for delivery to the Kettering College Library. Allow 2-3 business days for delivery.
|R QV4 G6532||Goodman & Gilman's The Pharmacological Basis Of Therapeutics|
|R QV 39 M8945 2013||Mosby's Nursing Drug Reference|
|R QV 39 P754 2007||Poisoning & Drug Overdose|
|R QV 735 V234d 2013||Davis's Drug Guide for Nurses|
|R QV 752 R325 2011||The Review of Natural Products|
|R QV 766 P348 2007||PDR for Herbal Medicines|
|R QV 772 P348 1998||PDR Generics|
|R QV 772 P575 2013||PDR for Nonprescription Drugs, Dietary Supplements, and Herbs: The Definitive Guide to OTC Medications|
|R QV 772 P578 2013||Physicians' Desk Reference: PDR|
|R QV 772 P5781 2010||PDR Guide to Drug Interactions, Side Effects, and Indications|
- Only current KC students, faculty and staff are able to access the library resources on this guide from off-campus. When accessing library resources from off-campus, a login screen will display.
- Students: enter your Student Portal user name and password.
- Faculty and staff: enter your network user name and password.
- International index to journals in medicine
- CINAHL (Nursing and Allied Health)
- Index to over 500 nursing and health publications
- Cochran Library
- contains high-quality, independent evidence to inform healthcare decision-making. It includes reliable evidence from Cochrane and other systematic reviews, clinical trials, and more
- Electronic Journals Center
- Full-text indexing service for over 2000 online scholarly and research journals including many in the medical field
- Health Source (Academic)
- Provides access to nearly 590 scholarly full text journals focusing on many medical disciplines. Also featured are abstracts and indexing for over 627 journals
- Alt-Health Watch
- Full text articles from 170+ peer-reviewed and professional journals, magazines, reports, proceedings, association & consumer newsletters on complementary, holistic and integrated approaches to health care
- Academic Search Complete
- Provides full text for more than 3,430 scholarly publications covering a wide variety of academic areas of study
Periodicals available through the Electronic Journal Center
The Electronic Journal Center provides full-text access to a core collection of scholarly journals on Therapeutics and Pharmacology. You may search all journals or an individual title for articles on a topic.
The link below will take you to that collection.
Check Medical Library Holdings for additional titles.
INTERNET RESOURCES ON THIS TOPIC
Below are some related sites on the World Wide Web:
- Clinical Trials.gov
a registry and results database of publicly and privately supported clinical studies of human participants conducted around the world.
- Drug InfoNet
An excellent web site for drug information as well as other health related information. This includes information about drugs, diseases, pharmaceutical manufacturer information, etc.
- Drug Resources Center from Intelihealth
"InteliHealth's expert editors attempt to make drug information accessible to the widest possible audience. To ensure the highest quality, information provided by InteliHealth is reviewed and approved by Johns Hopkins University."
- Merck Index Online
Provides free access to basic drug information from the Merck Index such as molecular formula, molecular weight, percent composition, Standard InChI, Standard InChI Key. For additional information check the print version available on Reserve in the library
- RxList: The Internet Drug Index
An online medical resource dedicated to offering detailed and current pharmaceutical information on brand and generic drugs sponsored by WebMD
- WWW Virtual Library: Pharmacy
A comprehensive index to web resources on pharmacy topics.