PHYSICAL EXAMINATION AND MEDICAL HISTORY: A GUIDE TO INFORMATION RESOURCES
KC/Wright State and Affiliates Catalog
Search for books, videos and other materials in the library collection.
Useful MeSH SUBJECT HEADINGS for this topic:
Blood pressure determination
Diagnostic techniques and procedures
Diagnostic tests routine
Medical history taking
Physical Examination adolescent
Physical examination adult
Physical examination and diagnosis geriatric
Physical examination child
Laboratory techniques and procedures
Useful NLM CALL NUMBERS on this subject:
|WB 205||Techniques of Physical Examination|
|WB 275||Inspection. Palpation|
|WB 278||Ausculation. Percussion|
|WB 280||Blood Pressure|
|WB 286||Body weights and measures|
|WB 290||Medical History Taking|
|WE 141||Examination of the Musculoskeletal System|
|WF 141||Examination of the Respiratory System|
|WG 141||Examination of the Cardiovascular System|
|WI 141||Examination of the Digestive System|
|WJ 141||Examination of the Urogential System|
|WL 141||Neurologic Examination|
|WM 141||Psychiatric Examination|
|WP 141||Gynecology Examination|
|WR 141||Dermatology Examination|
|WS 141||Physical Examination of the Infant or Child|
|WT 141||Physical Examination of the Aged|
- Search the holdings of all OhioLINK member libraries. Materials listed as available may be requested for delivery to the Kettering College Library. Allow 2-3 business days for delivery.
|R WB 200 D3194||Degowin's Diagnostic Examination|
- Only current KC students, faculty and staff are able to access the library resources on this guide from off-campus. When accessing library resources from off-campus, a login screen will display.
- Students: enter your Student Portal user name and password.
- Faculty and staff: enter your network user name and password.
When accessing resources from off-campus, a login screen will display. Enter your name and ID number and click Login Securely.
- BioMed Central
- Full-text access to peer-reviewed journals in the biomedical sciences, published electronically.
- Note: Not all journals can be freely accessed, some require a subscription.
- International index to journals in medicine
- Medscape Reference
- offers specialists, primary care physicians, and other health professionals the Web's most robust and integrated medical information and educational tools
- Science Citation Index
- Covers 6,000 major journals in over 150 scientific disciplines
- CINAHL (Nursing and Allied Health)
- Index to over 1000 nursing and health publications
- Electronic Journals Center
- Full-text indexing service for over 2000 online scholarly and research journals including many in the medical field
- Health Source (Nursing/Academic)
- Provides access to nearly 590 scholarly full text journals focusing on many medical disciplines. Also featured are abstracts and indexing for over 627 journals
- Academic Search Complete
- Provides full text for more than 3,430 scholarly publications covering a wide variety of academic areas of study
Periodicals available in the KC library
- The Clinical Advisor : For Physician Assistants
- Clinician Reviews
- JAAPA: Official Journal Of The American Academy Of Physician Assistants
- JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association
- New England Journal of Medicine
- PA Professional
Check Medical Library Holdings for additional titles.
Periodicals available through the Electronic Journal Center
When accessing from off-campus, a login screen will display. Enter your name and ID number and click Login Securely.
- The American Journal Of Medicine
- American Journal Of Preventive Medicine
- Archives Of Medical Research
- Integrative Medicine
- Intensive Care Medicine
- Preventive Medicine
INTERNET RESOURCES ON THIS TOPIC
Below are some related sites on the World Wide Web:
- Screening Physical Exam
The Screening Physical Exams are targeted at medical students and have been produced by Arcot J Chandrasekhar, MD, FRCP, FACP, FCCP of the Stritch School of Medicine, Loyola University, Chicago. Requires Real Player.
- Physical Examination Study Guides
Physical examination study guides form the University of Florida School of Medicine
- McGill Virtual Stethescope Project
a tutorial on the physical exam with emphasis on auscultation from McGill University.
- A Practical Guide to Clinical Medicine
A comprehensive physical examination and clinical education site for medical students and other health care professionals from the University of California San Diego School of Medicine
- Interactive Guide to Physical Examination
The Ohio State University College of Medicine and Public Health's Department of Family Medicine has developed an interactive web-based learning center designed to teach medical students the fundamental principles of physical examination