PHYSICS: A GUIDE TO INFORMATION RESOURCES
KC/Wright State and Affiliates Catalog
Search for books, videos and other materials in the library collection.
Useful LC SUBJECT HEADINGS for this topic:
Force and energy
Law of thermodynamics
Useful Useful LC CALL NUMBERS on this subject:
|QC 1-75||General Physics|
|QC 81-114||Weights and Measures|
|QC 170-197||Atomic Physics; Quantum Theory|
|QC 221-246||Acoustics; Sound|
|QC 251-338.5||Heat; Thermodynamics|
|QC 350-467||Optics; Light; Spectroscopy|
|QC 474-496.9||Radiation Physics|
|QC 501-766||Electricity and Magnetism|
|QC 770-798||Nuclear and Particle Physics; Radioactivity|
- Search the holdings of all OhioLINK member libraries. Materials listed as available may be requested for delivery to the Kettering College Library. Allow 2-3 business days for delivery.
|R QC5 .C56 2005||A Dictionary af Physics|
|R QC5 .D55||Dictionary af Physics and Mathematics Abbreviations, Signs, and Symbols.|
|R QC5 .F34 1988||The Facts on File Dictionary of Physics|
|R QC23.2 .K652 2008||Physics for Scientists and Engineers Quick Reference Guide : A Strategic Approach|
|R QC61 .H37 2002||Handbook of Physics|
|R QC82 .J4 1972||A Dictionary of Scientific Units: Including Dimensionless Numbers and Scales|
|R QD65 .H3 2012-13||CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physics|
- Only current KC students, faculty and staff are able to access the library resources on this guide from off-campus. When accessing library resources from off-campus, a login screen will display.
- Students: enter your Student Portal user name and password.
- Faculty and staff: enter your network user name and password.
- Academic Search Complete
- Provides full text for more than 3,430 scholarly publications covering a wide variety of academic areas of study
- Science Citation Index Expanded
- A multidisciplinary database covering the journal literature of the sciences
Periodicals available in the KC library
- Physics Today
- Popular Science
- Scientific American
Physics periodicals available through the Electronic Journal Center (EJC)
The Electronic Journal Center provides full-text access to a core collection of scholarly journals in physics. Click the link for the collection you want to access.
- General Physics and General Science Collection
- Atomic Physics,Quantum Theory,and Solid-State Physics Collection
- Electricity, Magnetism, and Radiation Collection
- Nuclear and Particle Physics and Radioactivity Collection
INTERNET RESOURCES ON THIS TOPIC
Below are some related sites on the World Wide Web:
- Online Physics Tutorial
Provides online tutorials on many topics in physics
- The Physics Classroom
Offers tutorials and a variety ofother resources for the study of physics.
- Physics to Go
An online monthly mini-magazine as well as online activities and web resources on physics.
A leading web-based science and technology news service.
From the UK Institute of Physics, this site provides access to a variety of physics resources for the general public with interest in physics topics.
A resource on physics for the general public from the American Physical Society.
- Inside Science
Up to date science news about current scientific research presented for the lay person.
Provides access to educational videos and synchronized video supplements for journal articles, lectures, slides and conference posters/presentations categorized into 50 scientific areas.