PHYSICS: A GUIDE TO INFORMATION RESOURCES
KC/Wright State and Affiliates Catalog
Search for books, videos and other materials in the library collection.
Useful LC SUBJECT HEADINGS for this topic:
Force and energy
Law of thermodynamics
Useful Useful LC CALL NUMBERS on this subject:
|QC 1-75||General Physics|
|QC 81-114||Weights and Measures|
|QC 170-197||Atomic Physics; Quantum Theory|
|QC 221-246||Acoustics; Sound|
|QC 251-338.5||Heat; Thermodynamics|
|QC 350-467||Optics; Light; Spectroscopy|
|QC 474-496.9||Radiation Physics|
|QC 501-766||Electricity and Magnetism|
|QC 770-798||Nuclear and Particle Physics; Radioactivity|
- Search the holdings of all OhioLINK member libraries. Materials listed as available may be requested for delivery to the Kettering College Library. Allow 2-3 business days for delivery.
|E-book||Oxford Reference, Physical Sciences and Mathematics|
|R QC5 .C56 2005||A Dictionary af Physics|
|R QC5 .D55||Dictionary af Physics and Mathematics Abbreviations, Signs, and Symbols.|
|R QC5 .F34 1988||The Facts on File Dictionary of Physics|
|R QC23.2 .K652 2008||Physics for Scientists and Engineers Quick Reference Guide : A Strategic Approach|
|R QC61 .H37 2002||Handbook of Physics|
|R QC82 .J4 1972||A Dictionary of Scientific Units: Including Dimensionless Numbers and Scales|
|R QD65 .H3 2007-08||Handbook of Physics and Chemistry|
- Only current KC students, faculty and staff are able to access the library resources on this guide from off-campus. When accessing library resources from off-campus, a login screen will display.
- Students: enter your Student Portal user name and password.
- Faculty and staff: enter your network user name and password.
- Academic Search Complete
- Provides full text for more than 3,430 scholarly publications covering a wide variety of academic areas of study
- Science Citation Index Expanded
- A multidisciplinary database covering the journal literature of the sciences
- A database of peer-reviewed literature and quality web sources for science research
Periodicals available in the KC library
- Physics Today
- Popular Science
- Scientific American
Physics periodicals available through the Electronic Journal Center (EJC)
The Electronic Journal Center provides full-text access to a core collection of scholarly journals in physics. Click the link for the collection you want to access.
- General Physics and General Science Collection
- Atomic Physics,Quantum Theory,and Solid-State Physics Collection
- Electricity, Magnetism, and Radiation Collection
- Nuclear and Particle Physics and Radioactivity Collection
INTERNET RESOURCES ON THIS TOPIC
Below are some related sites on the World Wide Web:
- Online Physics Tutorial
Provides online tutorials on many topics in physics
- The Physics Classroom
Offers tutorials and a variety ofother resources for the study of physics.
- Physics to Go
An online monthly mini-magazine as well as online activities and web resources on physics.
A leading web-based science and technology news service.
From the UK Institute of Physics, this site provides access to a variety of physics resources for the general public with interest in physics topics.
A resource on physics for the general public from the American Physical Society.