RESPIRATORY THERAPY: A GUIDE TO INFORMATION RESOURCES
KC/Wright State and Affiliates Catalog
Search for books, videos and other materials in the library collection.
Useful MeSH SUBJECT HEADINGS for this topic:
Blood gas analysis
Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation
High frequency ventilation
Lung diseases, interstitial
Lung diseases, obstructive
Nebulizers and vaporizers
Oxygen inhalation therapy
Positive pressure respiration
Respiratory distress syndrome
Respiratory function tests
Respiratory tract diseases
Respiratory tract infections
Sleep apnea central
Sleep apnea syndromes
disease by name*
*check Medical Subject Headings
Useful NLM CALL NUMBERS on this subject:
|WF 13||Respiratory system. Dictionaries. Encyclopedias||WF 500||Bronchi|
|WF 17||Respiratory system. Atlases. Pictorial works||WF 553||Asthma|
|WF 18.2||Respiratory system. Educational materials. Study guides||WF 600||Lungs|
|WF 39||Respiratory handbooks. Resource guides||WF 700||Pleura|
|WF 140||Diseases of the respiratory system||QV||Pharmacology|
|WF 141||Respiratory diseases. Examination. Diagnosis||QV 39||Drug handbooks|
|WF 143||Respiratory diseases. Signs and symptoms||QY 4||Clinical Pathology|
|WF 145||Respiratory diseases. Therapeutics||QY 25||Laboratory manuals|
|WF 200||Tuberculosis (general)||QY 39||Laboratory test handbooks|
|WF 300||Pulmonary tuberculosis|
- Search the holdings of all OhioLINK member libraries. Materials listed as available may be requested for delivery to the Kettering College Library. Allow 2-3 business days for delivery.
Provides access to a collection of medical reference books including a medical dictionary.
|R WF13 E56 2006||Encyclopedia of Respiratory Medicine|
|R QS4 G784 2008||Gray's Anatomy|
|R QS17 N474a 2011||Atlas of Human Anatomy|
|R QV4 G6532||Goodman & Gilman's The Pharmacological Basis Of Therapeutics|
|R QV772 M555||Merck Index|
|R QV 772 P578||Physicians' Desk Reference|
|Lab Tests and Diagnosis|
|R QY 25 F528m||A Manual Of Laboratory & Diagnostic Tests|
|R QY 39 F388f 2010||Ferri's Best Test: A Practical Guide to Clinical Laboratory Medicine and Diagnostic Imaging|
|R W13 S814||Stedman's Medical Dictionary|
|R WB60 E56278 2004||Encyclopedia of Bioethics|
- Only current KC students, faculty and staff are able to access the library resources on this guide from off-campus. When accessing library resources from off-campus, a login screen will display.
- Students: enter your Student Portal user name and password.
- Faculty and staff: enter your network user name and password.
International index to journals in medicine
- Index to over 1500 nursing and health publications
- Cochran Library
- contains high-quality, independent evidence to inform healthcare decision-making. It includes reliable evidence from Cochrane and other systematic reviews, clinical trials, and more
- Electronic Journals Center
- Full-text indexing service for over 2000 online scholarly and research journals including many in the medical field
- Science Citation Index
- Covers 6,000 major journals in over 150 scientific disciplines
- Health Source (Academic)
- Provides access to nearly 590 scholarly full text journals focusing on many medical disciplines. Also featured are abstracts and indexing for over 627 journals
- Alt-Health Watch
- Full text articles from 170+ peer-reviewed and professional journals, magazines, reports, proceedings, association & consumer newsletters on complementary, holistic and integrated approaches to health care
- Academic Search Complete
- Provides full text for more than 3,430 scholarly publications covering a wide variety of academic areas of study
Periodicals on RESPIRATORY TOPICS available in the KC library
- AARCTimes: an Official Publication of the American Association for Respiratory Therapy
- Canadian Journal of Respiratory Therapy
- Respiratory Care: the Official Journal of the American Association for Respiratory Therapy
- Respiratory Care Clinics of North America (2000-2006)
- RT:The Journal for Respiratory Care Practitioners
Periodicals on RESPIRATORY TOPICS available in the Medical Library
- American Journal Of Respiratory And Critical Care Medicine
- Annals of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology
- Clinics in Chest Medicine
- European Respiratory Journal
- Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology
- Respiratory Medicine
Periodicals available through the Electronic Journal Center
When accessing from off-campus, a login screen will display. Enter your name and ID number and click Login Securely.
- EMC: Pneumologie
- Heart and Lung
- Lung: An International Journal On Lungs, Airways, And Breathing
- Paediatric Respiratory Reviews
- Pediatric Pulmonology
- Primary Care Respiratory Journals
- Pulmonary Pharmacology & Therapeutics
- Respiration Physiology
- Respiration Physiology & Neurobiology
- Respiratory Medicine
- Respiratory Medicine: COPD Update
- Respiratory Medicine Extra
- Respiratory Medicine Research
- Sleep and Breathing
- Seminars in Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine Research
INTERNET RESOURCES ON THIS TOPIC
Below are some Respiratory Theapy related sites on the World Wide Web:
- American Association for Respiratory Care
Hosted by the American Association for Respiratory Care. Provides member services, career and education resources, patient education, an online store, and advocacy information.
- Advance for Respiratory Care Workers
ADVANCE for Respiratory Care Practitioners is a reader-friendly blend of breaking news, clinical developments, education trends, employment options, advice for professional advancement, top-notch columns, a letter forum for therapists, product information, business developments in the respiratory care world and other exciting features.
- Auscultation Assistant
- Designed to help students appreciate the different audio characteristics of heart murmurs and breath sounds
- Lab Tests Online.
- Designed to help people better understand the many clinical lab tests that are part of routine care as well as diagnosis and treatment of a broad range of conditions and diseases
- RT:The Journal for Respiratory Care Practitioners
Online access to professional journal for respiratory therapists
- American Lung Association
Official site of the ALA. Provides general information and links on Asthma, tobacco control, air quality, diseases A to Z, occupational health, school programs, job leads, and current news.
- Canadian Lung Association
Produced by the Canadian Lung Association. Presents information about, and the skills necessary for, daily living with lung disease. Provides background about lung disease, as well as anatomy, diagnosis, and management. The site is also available in French.
- Ohio Society for Respiratory Care
A non-profit organization dedicated to the promotion and advancement of professionalism and practice of respiratory care in Ohio. Contains member information, respiratory care resources and links, as well as other health or medically related information.
- NBRC National Board for Respiratory Review
Voluntary health certifying board created to evaluate the professional competence of respiratory therapists. Provides information pertaining to respiratory care education and licensing, as well as examination/fee schedules, and a directory of state licensure agencies.
- Kettering National Seminars Home Page
Provides professional examination reviews and continuing education to health care practitioners, including Respiratory Therapy. Includes seminar schedules and online registration forms.
The Australian Lung Foundation's Guide to Lung Health & Respiratory Medicine. The Australian Lung Foundation is working to assist the relief of people suffering from lung disease, and to promote better lung health. LungNet contains valuable information for both healthcare professionals and the community.
- MEDLINEplus: COPD
Created by the National Library of Medicine, this site provides perhaps the most comprehensive lists of COPD related links.
- National Emphysema Foundation
The National Emphysema Foundation is a source of information about emphysema and other lung diseases.
- National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute
Information on lung diseases for the general public.
- RTSO Home Page
Maintained by the Respiratory Therapy Society of Ontario, a non-profit organization of professionals devoted to the promotion of respiratory therapy in the province of Ontario. Provides job leads, a student's corner, and various respiratory care links.