SONOGRAPHY: A GUIDE TO INFORMATION RESOURCES
KC/Wright State and Affiliates Catalog
Search for books, videos and other materials in the library collection.
Useful MeSH SUBJECT HEADINGS for this topic:
Blood flow velocity
Echocardiography, doppler, color
Echocardiography, doppler, pulsed
Echocardiography, four dimensional
Echocardiography, three dimensional
Heart valve prosthesis
*check Medical Subject Headings
Useful NLM CALL NUMBERS on this subject:
|WE 141||Musculoskeletal system. Diagnostic methods|
|WG 141.5 .E2||Echocardiography|
|WG 500||Blood vessels. Radiography|
|WI 141||Digestive system. Diagnostic methods|
|WJ 141||Urologic diseases. Diagnosis|
|WN 18.2||Radiology, Diagnostic imaging, ultrasonography. Educational Materials (e.g.: study guides)|
|WN 110||Physics of radiation/nuclear medicine|
|WP 141||Gynecology. Diseases. Diagnosis|
|WP 815||Breast. Diagnosis. Radiography|
|WQ 209||Prenatal monitoring. Fetal monitoring|
|WQ 240||Pregnancy complications|
|WW 141||Eye. Diagnostic methods|
Search the holdings of all OhioLINK member libraries.
Materials listed as available may be requested for delivery to the Kettering College Library.
Allow 2-3 business days for delivery.
- Amirsys Imaging Reference Center
- Amirsys blends thousands of high-quality, representative images and relevant diagnosis and clinical text contributed by thousands of imaging experts, enabling clinicians to quickly make well-informed image-based treatment decisions.
Provides access to a collection of medical reference books including a medical dictionary.
|R QS4 G784 2008||Gray's Anatomy|
|R QS 17 N474a 2011||Atlas of Human Anatomy|
|R W13 S814||Stedman's Medical Dictionary|
- Only current KC students, faculty and staff are able to access the library resources on this guide from off-campus. When accessing library resources from off-campus, a login screen will display.
- Students: enter your Student Portal user name and password.
- Faculty and staff: enter your network user name and password.
- International index to journals in medicine
- CINAHL (Nursing and Allied Health)
- Index to over 500 nursing and health publications
- Electronic Journals Center
- Full-text indexing service for over 2000 online scholarly and research journals including many in the medical field
- Science Citation Index
- Covers 6,000 major journals in over 150 scientific disciplines
- Health Source (Academic)
- Provides access to nearly 590 scholarly full text journals focusing on many medical disciplines. Also featured are abstracts and indexing for over 627 journals
- Alt-Health Watch
- Full text articles from 170+ peer-reviewed and professional journals, magazines, reports, proceedings, association & consumer newsletters on complementary, holistic and integrated approaches to health care
- Academic Search Complete
- Provides full text for more than 3,430 scholarly publications covering a wide variety of academic areas of study
Periodicals on ULTRASONOGRAPHY available in the KC library
- Diagnostic Imaging (1981-2010)
- Journal for Vascular Ultrasound
- Journal of Ultrasound in Medicine
- Journal of Vacscular Technology
- Ultrasound Clinics
- Ultrasound Quarterly
Periodicals available through the Electronic Journal Center
- European Journal of Ultrasound
- Journal of Clinical Ultrasound
- Journal of Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Journal of the American Society of Echocardiography
- Journal of Vascular and Interventional Radiology
- Journal of Medical Ultrasonics
- Seminars in Ultrasound, CT, and MRI
- Ultrasonic Imaging
- Ultrasound in Medicine and Biology
- Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology
INTERNET RESOURCES ON THIS TOPIC
Below are some related sites on the World Wide Web:
- Diagnostic Imaging
- Diagnostic Imaging provides news and commentary focused on technology, policy, and practice trends in imaging; commentary from professions in the field; and tools readers and clinicians can use. Requires free registration to access materials.
- ARDMS The American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- An independent, non-profit organization that administers examinations towards credentials in the areas of diagnostic medical sonography, diagnostic cardiac sonography, vascular technology, and opthalmic biometry.
- SDMS Society of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers
- Organization established to promote, advance, and educate its members and medical community in the science of Diagnostic Medical Sonography. Provides news, links to medical resources, discussion
- Siemens, a leading worldwide manufacturer and service provider of diagnostic medical ultrasound systems. Provides product information, news and other relevant materials.
- GE Healthcare: Ultrasound
- Medical systems by General Electric. Provides product information in radiology, cardiology, and monitoring systems. Online catalog of products and company news also included.
- International Society on Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Charitable company based in the UK, promoting the science of ultrasound in obstetrics and gynecology, and education. Provides newsletter information, membership information, an online journal, and links to other ultrasound resources.
- Musculoskeletal Ultrasound Society
- The Musculoskeletal Ultrasound Society is an International society dedicated to the ideals of Ultrasound application to the musculoskeletal system.
- History of Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology
- A short history of the developments of Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology by Dr. Joseph Woo. Three parts with text and images.
- The Burwin Institute of Diagnostic Medical Ultrasound
- Educational institute that offers home study courses in all areas of diagnostic ultrasound. Also includes links to other ultrasound education and resource sites, and an image library.
- Gulfcoast Ultrasound Institute, Inc.
- Educational institute based in Florida providing continuing education programs and self-directed study products for the ultrasound profession. Provides program of study information, an online products store, a sonography gift shop, Home Study CME's, and employment opportunities.
- ESP, Inc. Ultrasound
- A large educational forum offering ultrasound board reviews and continuing medical education seminars and courses. Offers courses and CME credits nationwide in abdominal sonography, breast ultrasound, OB-GYN sonography, and others.
- The Ultrasound Institute at Thomas Jefferson University
- One of the world's largest clinical ultrasound services dedicated to advancing research and educational activities in the field of diagnostic ultrasound. Information provided on current education programs and current research programs.
- Fetal Echocardiography Homepage
- This page is designed to provide information for medical students, residents, physicians, and other health care professionals about Fetal Echocardiography and analysis of fetal echo data...The goal for our project is to develop computer tools for effective teaching of medical personnel how to read and analyze echo data, and to support the process of detection of congenital heart abnormalities by noncardiologists." Among other resources, views of normal and abnormal hearts are provided along with a library of cases for instructional uses. A fetal echo expert system is under development and discussed at this site.