SPIRITUALITY AND HEALTH CARE: A GUIDE TO INFORMATION RESOURCES
KC/Wright State and Affiliates Catalog
Search for books, videos and other materials in the library collection.
Useful SUBJECT HEADINGS for this topic:
MeSH Subject Headings
Religion and medicine
LC Subject Headings
Medical care--religious aspects
Useful CALL NUMBERS on this subject:
|NLM CALL NUMBERS||LC CALL NUMBERS|
|W60||Medical Ethics||BL53||Religion and Psychology|
|WB880||Mental Healing||BL65 .M4||Religion and medicine|
|WB885||Faith Healing||BL115 .M25||Christianity and Medicine|
|WM61||Partoral Care||BT732||Doctrinal theology: Man is health and sickness|
|WM75||Popular topics in Psychiatry||BV4012||Pastoral Psychology and psychiatry|
|WY86.5||Holistic Nursing||BX6193 .W5||Writings of Helen G. White|
- Search the holdings of all OhioLINK member libraries. Materials listed as available may be requested for delivery to the Kettering College Library. Allow 2-3 business days for delivery.
|eBook||Testing Prayer: Science and Healing|
|R W50 R279 2003||Religious Traditions and Healthcare Decisions|
|R W84.1 A567 2005||Cultural, Ethnic, and Religious Reference Manual for Health Care Providers|
|R WZ 330 R822e 2000||Encyclopedia of Medicine in the Bible and the Talmud|
- Only current KC students, faculty and staff are able to access the library resources on this guide from off-campus. When accessing library resources from off-campus, a login screen will display.
- Students: enter your Student Portal user name and password.
- Faculty and staff: enter your network user name and password.
- Academic Search Complete
- Provides full text for more than 3,430 scholarly publications covering a wide variety of academic areas of study
- Alt-Health Watch
- Full text articles from 170+ peer-reviewed and professional journals, magazines, reports, proceedings, association & consumer newsletters on complementary, holistic and integrated approaches to health care
- ATLA Religion Database
- Index to articles, book reviews, and essays on religion and theology
- CINAHL (Nursing and Allied Health)
- Index to over 500 nursing and health publications
- Electronic Journals Center
- Full-text indexing service for over 2000 online scholarly and research journals
- Arts and Humanities, Science, and Social Science Citation Indexes
- Covers over 1100 journals in the arts and humanities, 6,000 major journals in over 150 scientific disciplines and 1,700 scholarly social sciences journals in 50 related disciplines
- Health Source (Academic)
- Provides access to nearly 590 scholarly full text journals focusing on many medical disciplines. Also featured are abstracts and indexing for over 627 journals
- International index to journals in medicine
- Religion and Philosophy Collection
- A comprehensive database covering such topics as world religions, major denominations, biblical studies, religious history, epistemology, political philosophy, philosophy of language, moral philosophy and the history of philosophy with over 290 full text journals
- Provides abstracts and citations to the scholarly literature in the behavioral and mental health sciences
- Psychology and Behavioral Science
- A comprehensive database with more than 510 full text titles covering topics such as emotional and behavioral characteristics, psychiatry & psychology, mental processes, anthropology, and observational and experimental methods
Periodicals available in the KC library
- Journal of Christian Nursing
- Making the Rounds in Health, Faith, & Ethics (1995-1996)
- Second Opinion (incomplete holdings through 1995)
Periodicals available through the Electronic Journal Center
INTERNET RESOURCES ON THIS TOPIC
Below are some related sites on the World Wide Web:
- The George Washington Institute for Spirituality and Health
"The George Washington Institute for Spirituality and Health (GWish) is a university-based organization working toward a more compassionate system of healthcare."
- University of Washington School of Medicine: Spirituality and Medicine
This web site is intended to assist physicians in finding "ways to engage the spiritual beliefs of patients in the healing process, and come to a clearer understanding of ways in which the physician's own belief system can be accounted for in transactions with patients."
- Duke Center for the Study of Religion, Spirituality and Health
"The purpose of the Center is to conduct research on the effects of religion (or spirituality) on physical and mental health. "
- Spirituality and Health at Medical University of South Carolina
The Spirituality and Health Interest Group at MUSC is a multi-disciplinary group of faculty and students who are interested in encouraging education and research regarding spirituality and health matters.
- James Gagne, MD: Spirituality and Medicine
Dr.Gagne, and internist, presents a personal perspective on spirituality and medicine."