THE HOLOCAUST: A GUIDE TO INFORMATION RESOURCES
KC/Wright State and Affiliates Catalog
Search for books, videos and other materials in the library collection.
Useful LC SUBJECT HEADINGS for this topic:
Holocaust, Jewish, 1939 1945
Holocaust, Jewish, 1939 1945-causes
Jews--legal status, laws, etc
Neutrality United States
Nuremberg Trial of Major German War Criminals
Propaganda, German-history-20th century
World War 1939 1945--Germany
World War 1939 1945--causes
World War 1939 1945--propaganda
Useful LC CALL NUMBERS on this subject:
|D752.8||United States. Neutrality||DS135||Jews outside Palestine|
|D753||General works on WWII||DS143||Jewish identity|
|D804||World War II Atrocities: Holocaust||DS145||Antisemitism|
|D804.355||Holocaust denial||DS146||Antisemitism by region|
|D805.5||Holocaust. Individual prison camps||E744||US diplomatic history. 20th century|
|D810 .J4||World War II: Jews. Histories||E806||Franklin D. Roosevelt Administration|
|DD244||Germany. Biographies. Public men||GN539||Social and Cultural Anthropology.Indo-European|
|DD247||Germany. Individual biographies||GN547||Social and Cultural Anthropology. Semitic. Jewish|
|DD256||Germany. World War II||JX1416||International law 1900-1945|
- Search the holdings of all OhioLINK member libraries. Materials listed as available may be requested for delivery to the Kettering College Library. Allow 2-3 business days for delivery.
|E-Book||Antisemitism: A Historical Encyclopedia of Prejudice|
|E-Book||Antisemitism: A Reference Handbook|
|E-Book||Encyclopedia of Genecide|
|E-Book||Propaganda and Mass Persuasion: A Historical Encyclopedia, 1500 to the Present|
|E-Book||Encyclopedia of Race and Racism|
|R BL31 .E46||Encyclopedia of Religion|
|R D419 .F33 1991||Facts on File Encyclopedia of the Twentieth Century|
|R D804.3 .E53 1995b||The Encyclopedia of the Holocaust|
|R D804.3 .T34 2007||Holocaust Surviviors: A Biographical Dictionary|
|R DS145 .M465 2007||Dictionary of Antisemitism from the Earliest Times to the Present|
- Only current KC students, faculty and staff are able to access the library resources on this guide from off-campus. When accessing library resources from off-campus, a login screen will display.
- Students: enter your Student Portal user name and password.
- Faculty and staff: enter your network user name and password.
When accessing resources from off-campus, a login screen will display. Enter your name and ID number and click Login Securely.
- Academic Search Complete
- Index to periodicals on a variety of subjects
- Arts and Humanitites and Social Sciences Citation Index
- Citations and cited references from over 1,100 arts and humanities journals and over 1700 journals in the social sciences
- America: History and Life
- Index to articles on the history of the US and Canada from prehistory to the present
- ATLA Religion Database
- Index to articles, book reviews, and essays in religion and theology
- Electronic Journals Center
- Full-text indexing service for over 2000 online scholarly and research journals
- Historical Abstracts
- Index to articles on the history of the world (except the US and Canada) from 1450 to the present
- Humanitites Internatinal Complete
- provides indexing, abstracting, and full text of journals, books and other important reference sources in the humanities
- Social Sciences Citation Index
- provide access to information, author abstracts, and cited references found in over 1700 scholarly and research journals
- A comprehensive database for sociology research indexing not only journal articles but also significant monographs
- Religion and Philosophy Collection
- A comprehensive database covering such topics as world religions, major denominations, biblical studies, religious history, epistemology, political philosophy, philosophy of language, moral philosophy and the history of philosophy with over 290 full text journals
- Provides abstracts and citations to the scholarly literature in the behavioral and mental health sciences
- Psychology and Behavioral Science
- A comprehensive database with more than 510 full text titles covering topics such as emotional and behavioral characteristics, psychiatry & psychology, mental processes, anthropology, and observational and experimental methods
Periodicals available in the KC library
- American Heritage (1954-2003)
- New Republic (1991-2003)
Periodicals available through the Electronic Journal Center
- American Jewish History
- History of European Ideas
- Holocaust and Genocide Studies
- Jewish History
- Jewish Social Studies
- Modern Judiasm
- Shofar: An Interdisciplinary Journal of Jewish Studies
INTERNET RESOURCES ON THIS TOPIC
Below are some related sites on the World Wide Web:
- Best Information on the Net: Holocaust
A collection of web sites on the Holocaust appropriate for college research
- H-Net: Holocaust
A collection of links to sites on the Holocaust
This site provides an overview and analysis of the Holocaust. Also provided are a photo-essay exhibit of Jews and Germans, and a collection of personal accounts available both in text and audio formats. In addition, a bibliography, glossary of terms and links to related sites are listed.
- Holocaust Chronicle
Based on the full-text of a book on the Holocaust, it includes regular updates on Holocaust related developments.
- Holocaust History Project
A free archive of documents, photos, recordings, and essays on the Holocaust; includes links to other Holocaust sites.
- JewishGen InfoFiles Index
A comprehensive directory of information resources, organized by both topic and country for geneology research, including many resources on the Holocaust.
- Museum of Tolerance
The Museum of Tolerance is a high tech, hands-on experiential museum that focuses on two central themes through unique interactive exhibits: the dynamics of racism and prejudice in America and the history of the Holocaust - the ultimate example of man's inhumanity to man. The Museum, the educational arm of the Simon Wiesenthal Center, was founded to challenge visitors to confront bigotry and racism, and to understand the Holocaust in both historic and contemporary contexts.
- The Nizkor Project
This site is dedicated to refuting Holocaust denial and tp providing access to Holocaust educational resources on the Internet.
- Jewish Virtual Library
This comprehensive online Jewish encyclopedia has over 6,000 articles and 2,000 maps and photographs. It includes material on Jewish history, women, the Holocaust, travel, Israel-U.S. relations, politics, religion, and biographies. There is a bibliography of over 1,000 books and 1,000 Web sites.
- The Holocaust
Center for Digital Library Research select web sites on the Holocaust
- United States Holocaust Memorial Museum
A living memorial to the Holocaust; includes a Holocaust Encyclopedia
- Yad Vashem
An ongoing memorial to the Holocaust providing documentation, research, education, and commemortion.
- The Nuremberg Trials
The "museen der stadt nürnberg" is a combination of all museums and sights managed by the City of Nuremberg, including documentation regarding the Nuremberg War Crime Tribunal.
- Nuremberg Trials Project
Maintained by the Harvard Law School, this site provides access to documents from the trials.
- Famous World Trials: Nuremberg Trials
Created and maintained by Doug Linder, a professor of law at the University of Missouri-Kansas City, this site presents an in-depth look at the Nuremberg trials drawn from a variety of sources.
- The IB Holocaust Project
Daniel Blackmon's Contemporary History Class in the International Baccalaureate Program, Coral Gables Senior High School web project on the Holocaust.