Programs Goals, Outcomes, and Technical Standards
Healthcare Management and Pre-OT
1 week ago
BSHS Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences program acquire advanced skills, knowledge, and values to expand their professional roles in the health care system while incorporating a comprehensive knowledge base as a health care professional.
The graduate earning the Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences degree:
1. Integrates communication skills in interprofessional teams within the health care industry.
2. Incorporates information technology skills in a variety of health care settings.
3. Engages in critical thinking, reflection, and problem solving through evidence-based practice in multiple health care settings.
4. Contributes to and advocates for continuous improvement of the health care system through promoting public policy.
5. Demonstrates respect and adaptability for cultural, ethnic, and individual diversity within a changing health care environment.
6. Incorporates current knowledge, theory, and research into health professions practice.
7. Demonstrates professional, ethical, spiritual, and compassionate service within the health care arena.
8. Integrates the Christian principles of service and citizenship for the benefit of society.
9. Empowers himself or herself and others through an integration of leadership, management, and teaching/learning skills in the health care environment.
10. Integrates population-based and preventive health care when working with individuals, families, and communities. (Bachelor completion only)
11. Integrates economic, accounting, financial and health care policy knowledge into the health care management practice. (Health care management major only).