8 hrs ago
B.S. in Human Biology Admission Requirements
Human biology applicants must meet all Kettering College admission criteria.
Profile of a Successful Human Biology Major
A student prepared for success in the human biology major has:
- A high school GPA of 3.00 or greater
- One year each of high school biology, chemistry, and physics
- At least two years of high school college-preparatory mathematics
- In order to follow the suggested course of study, students must score at least 70 percent on the math placement test or provide transfer credit equivalent to MATH 105.
- Admission to most professional schools in health-related fields is highly competitive. To increase the probability of acceptance into the professional school of choice, students should maintain high grades (B+ or A- average) while at Kettering College.
Requirements for Graduation
A grade of C- or above must be achieved in all required major courses, major elective courses, and required cognate courses, and the student must maintain a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0 (C) in order to graduate with a major in human biology.
Human Biology 3+2 Accelerated Program Admission Requirements
The human biology 3+2 accelerated program is only for Kettering College students who have not earned bachelor’s degrees, are enrolled in the human biology major, and desire to accelerate their completion for the graduate program in physician assistant studies. Applicants must meet all Kettering College admission criteria and must adhere to the Human Biology admission requirements listed above as well.
Additional information about matriculating into the Master of Physician Assistant Studies is available on the MPAS Application Process page on this website.
Profile of Average Student Admitted to Human Biology
Profile of the average student admitted to Kettering College’s Bachelor of Science in human biology the fall semesters of the years noted.
Note: all demographic data is self-reported.
Fall 2015 Cohort
American Indian or Alaska Native 0
Black or African American 0
Two or more races 1