Programs Goals, Outcomes, and Technical Standards
19 hrs ago
3 days ago
Program Goals, Outcomes, and Technical Standards in Human Biology
The Bachelor of Science with a major in human biology is a versatile degree that provides the student with extensive preparation for graduate or professional studies in any field that works with the human organism. While the natural sciences are emphasized, students receive a thorough background in social sciences, cultural studies, and the humanities. In addition, graduates in human biology have an understanding of health care disciplines and the qualifications they demand.
END-OF-DEGREE STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES
Upon the completion of the human biology major, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate a broad knowledge of biological and physical sciences as related to human biology.
- Perform laboratory techniques and procedures commonly used in basic biological and physical science research.
- Organize, analyze, and critically evaluate and interpret scientific data.
- Communicate biological and physical science concepts for peer and professional audiences.
- Question and synthesize data and conclusions using previously acquired biological and physical science knowledge to develop and support their own assessments.
- Articulate a statement of their personal view of the interrelationship of faith and science.