3 days ago
In order to best celebrate our students’ graduation ceremonies from Kettering College this year, we will be complying with state and local health and safety orders related to COVID-19. We will be following Kettering College’s COVID policy at the graduation ceremonies.
All KC students who complete their degrees during the 2020-21 academic year are eligible to participate in the summer 2021 commencement event. This includes students who participate in program-specific events in April 2021 that include degree conferral.
Commencement Ceremonies 2021
On Friday, April 30, and Friday, July 16, 2021 Kettering College will confer degrees and certificates to students graduating at Kettering College annual commencement ceremonies.
Spring Commencement Ceremony
Date: Friday, April 30
Time: 1 pm – Radiology Dedication & Commencement Ceremony
5 pm – Occupational Therapy Pinning & Commencement Ceremony
Location: Southbrook Christian Church, 9095 Washington Church Rd, Miamisburg, OH 45342
We will be holding our program ceremonies for our Occupational Therapy Doctoral (Pinning and Graduation Ceremony) and Radiologic Sciences & Imaging (Dedication and Graduation Ceremony) programs at Southbrook Christian Church in Miamisburg on Friday, April 30, 2021. We will include degree conferral as part of these ceremonies. By holding these events at separate times in the main sanctuary of the church we will be able to accommodate the greatest number of family and loved ones while maintaining compliance with appropriate health and safety regulations.
These ceremonies will be livestreamed on Kettering College’s YouTube channel as we will have limited opportunities for attending the events.
For the event:
- Please try as much as possible to gather your group together and enter the building as a group for screening. Consider using text messaging or some similar means to coordinate your arrival and entry into the building.
- Graduates and their guests will be required to wear masks the entirety of the ceremony and while in the building, according to Ohio state requirements.
- Follow any directions given to you from Kettering College or Southbrook staff at the church
- If you have any sickness or COVID-19 symptoms, do not attend this event. Stay home and watch the livestream of the event.
- Maintain proper hygiene. Wash/sanitize your hands often.
- Maintain social distancing. Limit hugs, embraces, and touching–we know this will be difficult, but please exercise care and awareness of our current circumstances.
Summer Commencement Ceremony
Date: Friday, July 16
Time: 2 p.m.
Location: Benjamin and Marian Schuster Performing Arts Center
We will conduct the KC Commencement Ceremony on Friday, July 16, 2021, beginning at 2:00 PM, at the Schuster Performing Arts Center located at 1 W 2nd St. in Dayton, OH. Free parking is available to graduates and their guests in the Schuster Center parking garage located beside the Schuster. If the garage is full, parking is available on the street or in an adjacent parking lot.This is planned to be a traditional graduation ceremony. This is a ticketed event. All graduates are allotted 10 tickets to be given to their guests for entry. Graduates should fill out the ticket request form on the Graduation Instructions page to reserve their tickets.
We will be conducting this ceremony in the same way we are currently managing on-campus life and off-campus Kettering College functions.
- Fully vaccinated graduates and their guests do not need to wear masks and do not need to socially distance from others at the function.
- Unvaccinated graduates and their guests will be required to wear face masks while in the building.
- Unvaccinated graduates may remove their face masks while receiving their diplomas and for official photographs.
- In addition, guest groups of unvaccinated attendees should socially distance from each other. The college has set aside the Loge level of the performing arts center theatre as a location where social distancing is expected and facilitated. Schuster Center staff will be available to assist with seating arrangements that will enable all guests to enjoy your graduation safely and comfortably.
- As always, please ensure that you and each guest perform a health check on commencement day. Anyone who has a temperature or feels sick should stay home and watch the commencement ceremony livestream.
Rewatch 2020 Commencement Ceremony:
Rewatch the 2020 Commencement Ceremonies below:
April 2020 Virtual Commencement Ceremony
July 2020 Drive-Thru Commencement Ceremony