23 hrs ago
23 hrs ago
A.S. in Radiologic Technology Admission Requirements
Applicants to radiologic technology must meet the following requirements to be considered for admission:
- Meet all admission requirements for Kettering College.
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of at least 2.50 during the application/pre-enrollment period.
PROGRAM ADMISSION NOTES
Additional considerations such as status as a current Kettering College student, attendance records, patterns of withdrawal and repeated courses, ACT composite score, and a GPA of 3.00 or higher may influence acceptance.
Applicants must maintain minimal acceptance requirements in all academic work prior to matriculation into the program.
- The application deadline for fall semester enrollment is January 31 for Early Action or May 25 for Regular Decision. All supporting documents must be received by this date.
- Applicants will be notified of acceptance by the end of June before the fall semester.
- Applications received after May 25 will be processed for the next academic year.
- Exceptions to these rules are contingent on space available in the program after the May admission process.
- Due to State of Ohio regulations that govern radiation exposure to minors (those younger than 18 years), the student admitted to radiologic technology must be 18 years old by mid-October during the first semester in the program. This coincides with the first clinical assignment and possible exposure to ionizing radiation.
Prior conviction of a felony, gross misdemeanor, or misdemeanor may prohibit the student from taking the certification examination at the end of the program. Please contact program officials for more details.
Pregnancy is not a reason for being rejected or removed from the program. The student is advised, but not required, to inform program faculty of her pregnancy so that measures can be initiated that will protect the fetus from unnecessary exposure to ionizing radiation. Please note that the pregnant student assumes all responsibility for the safety of her fetus during the gestation period.
Program Pre-Enrollment Requirements
The following items must be completed and maintained in order to begin and progress in the major:
All college-required immunizations must be completed before the student can begin clinical experience. Individual clinical sites may require additional immunizations, all of which must be completed and maintained throughout that assignment. The immunization record must be submitted prior to registration for classes. Contact the admissions office for details.
Failure to document immunizations will result in the student not being allowed to continue in the clinical portion of the program until compliance is proven.
Students accepted into the major must provide proof of observation in a full-service radiology department before they are allowed to register for classes. The appropriate form is mailed to the student with the acceptance letter in May prior to beginning classes in August.
Students accepted into the program must request and pay to have a background check performed by the College-approved service. Contact the admissions office for the approved service contact information. Background checks must be completed between June 1 and Aug. 1 prior to the year of enrollment in radiologic technology.
While acceptance into the program may not be denied by a negative background check, approval to take the end-of-program certification examination (ARRT) may be.
Personal health insurance
All students must be covered by health insurance. This may be done by a shared family policy or by purchasing the college’s suggested coverage or other private insurance that will cover the student in the clinical setting.
Hospitals and other medical facilities can be hazardous. Students must be prepared to be accountable for the cost of treatment made necessary by injuries or illness sustained while on clinical assignment.
Profile of Average Student Admitted to Radiologic Technology
Profile of the average student admitted to Kettering College’s Associate of Science in radiologic technology in the fall semester of the years noted.
Note: all demographic data is self-reported.
Cohort Size: 13
Black or African American 1
American Indian or Alaska Native 0
Two or more races 0
All Others 4