Admission Related Links
15 hrs ago
2 days ago
BS in Nursing Admission Requirements
Admission to the prelicensure nursing program is competitive and occurs one time during the academic year for fall entry. Preference is given to individuals who demonstrate academic strength in the prerequisite coursework.
- College admission: Applicants must meet all Kettering College admission requirements.
- GPA: Applicants must present transcripts reflecting a cumulative GPA of 2.8 (on a 4.0 scale) or above with a minimum of a C for all prerequisite courses.
- Science prerequisite courses reflecting a cumulative GPA of 2.8 (on a 4.0 scale) or above with a minimum of a C for all prerequisite courses. Prerequisite science courses required for admission: BIOL 119, BIOL 129, CHEM 105, BIOL 151
- Application deadline: Applications and supporting documents (transcripts, test scores, etc.) are accepted until January 31 for Early Decision or May 25 for Regular Decision of the year in which the student wishes to be accepted.
Transfer students are encouraged to contact the records office for advising on prerequisite course equivalency. More information is available on the transfer section.
BS in Nursing Selection Process
Only students completing the application processes prior to the specified deadline for the desired year of entry will be considered.
Selection is based on:
- Completion of prerequisites and academic strength in the prerequisite coursework.
- Evaluation of the academic experience, with preference given to students with cumulative GPA of 2.8 or higher in college science and math.
- Preference is given to equally qualified applicants who complete their coursework at KC.
- Additional qualifiers such as ACT or SAT scores, previous academic degrees, and GPA in LPN program may influence acceptance.
- Students accepted into the program must maintain a minimum 2.8 GPA from the time of acceptance until their program start date.
- Selections from the candidates who meet the May 25 application deadline for the fall entry class will be made at the next enrollment committee meeting.