Admission Related Links
Bachelor of Science in Nursing
BS in Nursing Admission Requirements
Admission to the prelicensure nursing program is competitive and occurs twice during the academic year in the Fall and Winter semesters.
- College admission: Applicants must meet all Kettering College admission requirements.
- GPA: Applicants must present transcripts reflecting a cumulative GPA of 2.8 (on a 4.0 scale) or above with a minimum of a C for all prerequisite courses.
- Science prerequisite courses reflecting a cumulative GPA of 2.8 (on a 4.0 scale) or above with a minimum of a C for all prerequisite courses. Prerequisite science courses required for admission: Human Anatomy and Physiology I and II, Chemistry for the Health Sciences, and Microbiology.
- Application deadlines:
Fall Cohort: Applications and supporting documents (i.e. transcripts, etc.) are accepted until January 31 of the year in which the student wishes to be accepted.
Winter Cohort: Applications and supporting documents (i.e. transcripts, etc.) are reviewed through a rolling admission process. Rolling admission means that applications will be evaluated on a first-come, first-serve basis when an applicant has achieved the minimum requirements for admission.
Transfer students are encouraged to contact the records office for advising on prerequisite course equivalency. More information is available on the transfer section.
Applicants are considered for admission based on the following criteria:
- Applicants must meet all Kettering College admission requirements.
- Applicants must present college transcripts reflecting:
Year 1 - Prerequisites BIOL 119 Human Anatomy & Physiology I 4 ENGL 101 Writing and Rhetoric I 3 MATH 105 Fundamentals of Mathematics 3 PSYC 112 General Psychology 3 BIOL 129 Human Anatomy & Physiology II 4 CHEM 105 Chemistry for Health Sciences 4 ENGL 102 Writing and Rhetoric II 3 KETC 101 Medical Terminology 1 MATH 201 Probability and Statistics 3 BIOL 151 Microbiology 4 HUMN Humanities elective 3 PSYC 138 Human Growth & Development 3 SOCI 115 Principles of Sociology 3 TOTAL CREDITS 41
NOTE: A cumulative GPA of 2.8 or above (on a 4.0 scale) AND a minimum grade of C in all required prerequisite courses.
- Past failures and withdrawals in prerequisite courses or other nursing program courses will impact consideration for admission into the KC BSN program. Please contact the admissions office for any questions.
- Additional qualifiers such as taking prerequisite courses at KC, previous academic degrees, and degrees in allied health may influence acceptance.
- Students accepted into the program must maintain all admission requirements from the time of acceptance until their program start date.
- Students admitted into the program must complete all required prerequisite courses with a C or better before year 2, semester 4.
Direct Admission Opportunity
An opportunity for direct admission into the BSN prelicensure degree track exists for high school students who apply with one of the following criteria:
- Minimum high school GPA of 3.5
- Minimum ACT score of 21 or SAT score of 1070
- Minimum GPA 3.2 with completion of 2 college level courses equivalent to courses from the prelicensure BSN prerequisite list with a minimum grade of B or above
- Students who receive direct enrollment will receive a letter from the KC Admissions Department and the KC Nursing Division. Students will be notified of the criteria below that must be met to maintain direct enrollment status.
- Completion of all prerequisite nursing courses at Kettering College with a grade of “C” or better in each course
- Have not repeated or withdrawn from more than 1 prerequisite nursing course (withdrawals include grades of “W”, “WP”, and “WF”)
- Maintenance of a 2.8 GPA in prerequisite nursing courses through time of direct admission
- Maintenance of a 2.8 GPA in prerequisite science courses through time of direct admission
Students who do not meet/maintain qualifications for direct enrollment will lose placement in the nursing degree track and may apply through normal application procedures associated with the BSN prelicensure program degree tracks. Note: Previous nursing course failures disqualify students from direct enrollment option.
Health and Wellness requirements for Kettering College Nursing students
As a Kettering college nursing student, the Division of Nursing has requirements for your health and safety in clinical setting, as well as the health and safety of your patients.
The Division uses a company/software that assists with monitoring these requirements called CastleBranch. Once you are admitted you will be required to purchase a CastleBranch package. Detailed information for these requirements will be sent to you when you are admitted to the program. All information in this system is secure and confidential.
Items that are important requirements for clinicals and for taking your Nursing Boards include:
- A background check that includes fingerprinting
- Immunization and Health Records
- A routine physical
- 2-Step TB skin test or Single Blood Assay (BAMT)
- MMR Positive Titer or documentation of vaccination
- Hepatitis B Positive Titer or documentation of vaccination
- Varicella documentation of vaccine or healthcare provider-verified history of disease
- TDaP booster administered within the last 10-years
- Influenza vaccination administered between September and October annually
- COVID-19 Vaccine
- Health Insurance
Kettering College wants your student experience to be a great learning journey in the physical, mental and spiritual realms. Following these requirements can help you meet your goal of becoming a Kettering College nursing graduate.
Admissions Office Contact
Admissions Office Hours
Monday – Thursday: 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Friday: 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Closed weekends and holidays