Enrollment Next Steps
- Enrollment Next Steps
Next Steps for Admitted Students Spring 2024
If you’re wondering what to do after you’ve been admitted until the first day of class on January 8, 2024, follow the guide below to stay organized.
- Activate your KC student email and log into the KC student portal.
- As a Kettering College student, official communications will be sent to your my.kc.edu email address. This email address will also be used to sign up for registration and financial aid appointments. It’s important to activate your accounts as delays in the registration process can occur without them.
- Your KC student portal is where you will be able to make payments, register for classes once this opens, and conduct other business needed at KC throughout your time as a student here. CLICK HERE to access the step-by-step guide to help you with this setup process.
- If you have trouble logging in, contact the IT Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 937-203-8303.
- Register for classes: Newly admitted Kettering College students can sign up for an appointment to register for classes here. At this appointment, you will work with a member of our records team to register for courses, review transfer credit, etc. Class registration for new students opens on November 6 and closes on December 21 for the Spring 23-24 semester.
- Financial Clearance: A down payment of $800 needs to be paid before starting classes unless a student has been awarded financial aid that equals the total semester tuition and fee bill or has 3rd party sponsorship. You can contact email@example.com for help making this payment. If you plan on taking federal financial aid, make sure to complete all FAFSA paperwork and submit it to Kettering College (code: 007035). If you have any questions about completing your FAFSA, you can contact Melissa Franklin.
- Buy books and class materials: Kettering College utilizes an online bookstore called kc.ecampus.com which will fulfill your course material needs. After you register for your classes, you will be able to log in to this online bookstore and complete your order. Course materials will be available for purchase in December. Required course materials that are in stock ship the same day. You can choose the buying option that works best for you: rental, used, new, or eBook. Eligible students can apply for their book vouchers towards their purchase at checkout. Note: by using the voucher, you agree to have eCampus send your textbook bill to the college, we then add your book costs to your Kettering College student account. A price match is always guaranteed if you find a lower price. For questions contact 859-209-6958 or email bookstore@eCampus.com.
- Send photo for ID badge: After you are registered for classes, we can work on printing your Kettering College student ID badge. Please send a photo to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can take this photo yourself on your cellphone and send it to us to use, but the photo needs to look similar to a passport photo with a solid background, from the shoulders up, and looking straight into the camera. If you need any clarification about this, please reach out to email@example.com. We will have your printed badge ready to pick up at the Kettering College front desk during the first week of classes (online students may request ID badges be mailed to them. Just include your mailing address in the email to admissions)
- Complete clinical paperwork (if applicable): Those directly admitted into programs with clinical work will be required to complete paperwork that includes a background check and immunization records. Check with your specific program to confirm if you need to complete this paperwork. If you do not have a contact for your program, email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can connect you with your program.
- Save the date for Spring Welcome on Friday, January 5. We will host all new Kettering College students for program orientations, meet-and-greet with other new students, and as well as time to complete any last-minute enrollment business. A full schedule of events for this day will be posted in November but make sure to put the date (January 5) in your calendar to plan to be on campus! Online program students are invited but not required to attend.
- Residence Hall Accommodations (if applicable): If you are interested in living in the residence hall, you will need to fill out a residence hall application to reserve your spot. This application will be posted by the end of October. Feel free to contact the residence hall director in the meantime if you have any questions, email@example.com.
Here’s a list of ideas of items to bring, as a residence hall student.
Other Helpful Information for New Students:
- Log into our online course delivery system – Canvas – to be ready to start classes! Here is more information about this process. Please note that your classes will not populate in the online course delivery system until a few days before classes begin on January 8, 2024.
Student Services Contact Information:
Admissions Office: Admissions@kc.edu
Transfer Credit: TransferCredit@kc.edu
Records Office – Registration: StudentRecords@kc.edu
Finance Office: Finanical.Aid@my.kc.edu
KC Help Desk: Helpdesk@kc.edu