44 mins ago
Sonography as a Career
• Kettering College’s sonography program has been ranked as one of the top 10 programs in the nation for the Top Schools for Ultrasound and Sonography.
• With the purchase of a new obstetric ultrasound simulator worth more than $42,000, Kettering College will be able to send its students into the workforce with more experience identifying and fetal anomalies that at one time could only be observed and taught with actual patients. Kettering College also trains students to be proficient in all 4 imaging modalities, which makes students more marketable and prepared for the workplace.
• Kettering College has had a typical job placement rate of 100% within a few months of graduating and completing all necessary exams. With over 40 years of program experience, Kettering students are recognized for being the best-prepared students in the region. (Data obtained through annual graduate and employer surveys)
• Sonography job outlook – the projected growth from 2014 – 2024 is 24%, Bureau of Labor Statistics
• 2014 median pay $62,540 – according to Bureau of Labor Statistics