4 days ago
2 days ago
Certificates in Advanced Imaging Admission Requirements
Applicants to the advanced imaging majors will satisfy the following criteria to be considered for admission:
- Meet all admission requirements for Kettering College
- Minimum GPA of 2.5 from an accredited Radiology program
- Provide evidence of current certification by ARRT, ARDMS, or NMTCB in radiologic technology, sonography, nuclear medicine, or radiation therapy. Only ARRT-certified radiographers are permitted to perform CT, VIT, and CIT procedures in the state of Ohio; consequently, Kettering accepts only ARRT-certified radiographers into the CT, VIT, and CIT programs. Additional information on this requirement can be obtained here on the Ohio Department of Health website.
- Request and pay to have a background check performed by a College-approved service no more than six months prior to beginning the clinical experience. Please contact the admissions office for approved service contact information. Commencement of the clinical portion of the program is contingent upon successful clearance of the background check
- Drug test required per clinical site
Sectional Anatomy is a prerequisite course for the CT and MRI programs.
Note: It is recommended that all students entering radiologic sciences and imaging programs have computer skills that enable them to use Windows, word processing, spreadsheet, and PowerPoint operations. Please refer to specific course descriptions for more details.