54 mins ago
8 hrs ago
B.S. in Human Biology Admission Requirements
Human biology applicants must meet all Kettering College admission criteria including the following:
High School Students
- Minimum cumulative high school GPA of 3.3 (unweighted)
- ACT composite ≥ 23 OR SAT combined ≥ 1130
- Score of ≥ “70” on the Math Placement Exam
- Cumulative college GPA of ≥ 3.0
- Score of ≥ “70” on the Math Placement Exam OR Transfer credit equivalent to MATH 105 or above
Profile of a Successful Human Biology Major
The B.S. in Human Biology emphasizes the sciences. Students who succeed in the Human Biology program have an appreciation for scholarship and knowledge and a desire to learn new information and ideas. The following is a list of qualities students prepared for success within the Human Biology program will possess upon entrance into the program:
- A high school GPA of 3.3 (unweighted) or greater
- Minimum one year each of biology, chemistry and physics
- Minimum two years of college-preparatory mathematics
- In order to follow the suggested course of study, students must score at least 70 percent on the math placement test or provide transfer credit equivalent to MATH 105 or above
- Strong performance in advanced courses are historical indicators of success in the program (e.g. advance placement or dual enrollment courses)
Progression and Graduation Requirements
To graduate with a B.S. in Human Biology, students must achieve a grade of C or above in all required courses and maintain a cumulative overall GPA of at least 2.0. Admission into most professional or graduate schools is highly competitive. Therefore, to increase their probability of acceptance, students should demonstrate their academic success with a high GPA (i.e. > 3.5).
Human Biology 3+2 Accelerated Program Admission Requirements
The human biology 3+2 accelerated program is only for Kettering College students who have not earned bachelor’s degrees, are enrolled in the human biology major, and desire to accelerate their completion for the graduate program in physician assistant studies. Applicants must meet all Kettering College admission criteria and must adhere to the Human Biology admission requirements listed above as well.
Additional information about matriculating into the Master of Physician Assistant Studies is available on the MPAS Application Process page on this website.
Profile of Average Student Admitted to Human Biology
Profile of the average student admitted to Kettering College’s Bachelor of Science in human biology the fall semesters of the years noted.
Note: all demographic data is self-reported.
Fall 2015 Cohort
American Indian or Alaska Native 0
Black or African American 0
Two or more races 1